Fly Tying
lykos33

flash storage

OK ladies and gentlemen, here is my quandary, I have purchased a few of the different "flashes" from the dungeon. How does everyone store theirs? I thought about running cup hooks up the side of my bookcases, or setting up a pegboard of sorts...Shoot me some ideas here folks...I feel stunned...kinda like a deer in the headlights...

Murray :dunno: :huh:

I buy from the dungeon. I have mine laying sideays in my drawers. (cabinet). Bought a few plastic drawer systems. Now I just open the drawer and look for the colour. When I don't have much I just place other things in beside it to keep it snug.

I know this is not the flash but you get the idea.

I saw a neat way not, so much how to store it but how to use it from the package

Leave k flash in bag and up about an inch from the top ,on the side cut a V out of the bag and take your bodkin and pluck out as many strands as needed

For regular Krystal Flash, I have used Slurpee Straws from 7-eleven. If you don't know what a 7-eleven is, then you are out of luck.

Easy for me.

Leave them in the original long plastic bags they came with.

Use the pluck a few strands method described above.

Stack them in a drawer.

i built a mini cabinet that looks like a lazy suzan and the flash hangs from that with a wheel that revolves

i built a mini cabinet that looks like a lazy suzan and the flash hangs from that with a wheel that revolves

Sounds like a good idea, any pictures?

will post some tomorrow don't know how to load on computer, my wife does all of that

i just leave the flash in the original bag it was packaged in. i then snip one corner of the bag so i can pull out a few strands to tie with.

I have the same thing as tye2fly for the flash, but the fibers I have in the original bags in a drawer

the thing that pisses me off is the EP fibers with no sort of ziptie.....for $6+ you would think they would slpurge and add a zip tie.......just one more reason to buy from the dungeon!!

All in one huge ziplock bag, when I tie with flash, the colors I need are attached to the edge of my bench by clothes pins I have mounted to a small 1" board. Those materials hang just to the right side of my vice.

Cheers, Futzer.