Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
stel

C'mon Salmon!!!

Well, I have been up til 5 or 6 am in the mournin for the last several nights because I am geeked for this fall. I love fall and salmon fishing is the start of it for me. I keep thinking of all the fun last year. So to fix my problem I am going out tonight for walleye. It's highly unlikely I will catch a salmon but you never know. Were mainly after walleye. My 1rst trip for the year planned is august 21-22 and then almost everyday after that. Heck, I would be after them now but work is kicking my butt and I can't even get away for a day right now. oh well, more money for the fall.

So I was curious, what was your fondest memories last fall. It can be anything, not just salmon!

Just got back from vacation for the past week so now that all the "summer bass fishing is done SALMON is on my mind also dan! banana.gif

I think the best memory i have of last falls salmon run was the weeks trip i took in october on the Au Sable. I take the trip every year and its just the fact that i pretty much have the river to myself during the week and that there's no one else there "just me" that it makes it kinda special. Love the fall on the rivers...Salmon...steelhead....crispness in the air....OH YEAH!!!!! smile.gif

SD

QUOTE (steeldrifter @ Jul 25 2004, 07:33 PM)
Love the fall on the rivers...Salmon...steelhead....crispness in the air....OH YEAH!!!!! smile.gif

SD

I couldnt agree more!! smile.gif

NY Salmon season is less than 10 weeks away and I'm looking forward to another great season on the Salmon River. Picked up a spey rod around Christmas and I can't wait to hook into a bruiser with it.

The countdown has started!!!

Chip

I agree. This time a year I start to get strange b/c I have to get ready to go back to work (high school teacher). But the other part of it is good: STEELHEAD AND STEELERS FOOTBALL.

Boy am I ready for them headbang.gif