Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
VERN-O

Utica, NY area

FFAA

Central New York Fly Tying Symposium 2009

On Saturday March 14th, the Central New York Fly Fishers Anglers Association will be holding the first ever Central New York fly tying symposium.

The symposium will be held at the Radisson Convention Center at 200 Genesee Street, Utica, NY from 9am-5pm. The Venue features Validated covered Garage parking and rooms will be discounted to $99.00 for all symposium participants.

Corporate Sponsorship from Stanley Law Office, JP Ross Fly Rods, Signature Services and Bokland Custom Visuals allows the event to be held for only $12.00 per attendant and kids under 12 get in free.

22 resident tiers will be displaying their talent as well as select exhibitors showing off our local fisheries. It is a great event to learn about the fishing in the Central New York and Adirondack Area.

9a-5p Seminars and Videos will also be held at the event in our tiered seating convention center room.

Children’s fly tying classes will be held all day and are no charge.

Please RSVP to [email protected] if you wish you sign up a child.

They also will be holding a grab bag fly tying session at 3-4pm in which all 22 resident fly tiers will have to make a creation from their unknown bag of materials.

Proceeds go to the FFAA and Bucks4Browns, a program to stock trophy tagged brown trout in the catch and release zone of the West Canada Creek. For more info go to www.cnyffaa.org.

Good luck Vern-O, wish I could make it but can't drive for a couplle more weeks (surgery). This isn't terribly far and would've made a nice day trip.

yah on the day actually weekend i have to work back to back double shifts...maybe next year.......have fun Vern-O...I actually heard a radio commercial

in my area for it........Utica is about 1.5 hrs from me up rt 12..

mike

Hi Vern,

My son and I will be there. I have that bag of custom dyed CDC you wanted as well and I'll bring it. See ya in a few hours!!