Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Futzer

A brace of Royals

:thumbup: AS usual....Nice!!! Some day my ties will look like they are supposed to...someday :unsure:

I love that Fan-wing Royal, Futz. Something a little different. You use that on the Weber, do ya'?? If ever I get my digital cam set for my fly table, look out! I'm a legend in my own mind!

:blink:

I love that Fan-wing Royal, Futz. Something a little different. You use that on the Weber, do ya'?? If ever I get my digital cam set for my fly table, look out! I'm a legend in my own mind!

Go for it with the camera, it is fun to post bugs. Actually I rarely fish with Wulffs, but I tie hundreds for a couple fish carvers I know. Dart's Royal family swap got me going on it, a while back again. And Service Tech wanted to see how I hackled up close to the fan wings. Anyway, I have fun sending friends a few bugs. As for the Weber, I rarely fish it. It tends to get a lot of pressure, and one really important thing to me when I do get to go fish is to get away from as many other fly fishers etc. as possible. The etiquette of a pool/manners in Utah leaves something to be desired in the wade right in on top of you category especially on the Provo, Weber, Green and Current Creek. PM me an address and I will send you a fan wing formal coachman, with the golden Phesant tail.

Thanks for the nice comments. Cheers, Futzer

Go for it with the camera, it is fun to post bugs. Actually I rarely fish with Wulffs, but I tie hundreds for a couple fish carvers I know. Dart's Royal family swap got me going on it, a while back again. And Service Tech wanted to see how I hackled up close to the fan wings. Anyway, I have fun sending friends a few bugs. As for the Weber, I rarely fish it. It tends to get a lot of pressure, and one really important thing to me when I do get to go fish is to get away from as many other fly fishers etc. as possible. The etiquette of a pool/manners in Utah leaves something to be desired in the wade right in on top of you category especially on the Provo, Weber, Green and Current Creek. PM me an address and I will send you a fan wing formal coachman, with the golden Phesant tail.

Futz,

Your generosity is too much for words. I am coming to fish the Provo(proabably) on April 16,17. Tell ya' what, I'll contact you via a PM as that date approaches and if we can grab a latte or a beer up in Park City-I'm buying!! Give me a fan-wing Royal then if we can pull it together.

Caio.

Futz,

Your generosity is too much for words. I am coming to fish the Provo(proabably) on April 16,17. Tell ya' what, I'll contact you via a PM as that date approaches and if we can grab a latte or a beer up in Park City-I'm buying!! Give me a fan-wing Royal then if we can pull it together.

Caio.

Sounds like a plan, I will tie up a couple of my Provo bugs, PT nymph soft hackle and Provo Scud too. Keep me posted, maybe I can play hookie and fish.

Cheers, Jeff.