Fly Tying
Silver Bullets

Wooly Bugger I tyed

It looks fine, although it's sorta tough to tell with a dark fly on a dark background.

For future reference, you might want to take pictures of dark flies on light backgrounds, and vice versa. It will help others to see the details more clearly.

Looking good bud! With the angle of the fly it's hard to tell but the tail might be a little long. A general rule is to make the tail about as long as the hook shank(of course there are exceptions).

yea I think its just the angle... i just went and checked and it looked around the same size...... in the fly tying kit that i got it has this clear stuff... cement or something??? what do i use it for?

Nice Tie!

How did you attach the antlers? tongue.gif

Keep at it, use your imagination with materials,

with woolybuggers, it's all good.

Some unnatural colour combinations can catch fish.

Cheers

Duff

Lookin pretty nice. I`m still tryin to master those things. You never can have too many buggers. I heard someone once say, when everything else fails, tie on a rooster tail, but that`s for spinnin gear, but for fly fishin, it`s when everything else fails, tie on a bugger! Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck

Nice fly, full bodied, universal colour and i will usually make the tail a lil longer than its suppose to be.. did you tye the hackle bottom first... ?

Nope, i first tyed the tail of the bugger on, then the hackle feather and the body stuff(cant seem to think of the name of the stuff at the moment), i then wrapped the body and then wrapped the hackel put the knot in it and tryed that cement stuff on the head for the first time!

I can remember when the bugger was a well kept secret here in Pa.....now its world known.........keep at it you need a few hundred more in all colors and sizes... biggrin.gif

Chinille.. i think thats how you spell it.. anyways.. looks good silver, keep doin what your doin