Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Brian Brown75

Other hobbies

Fly tying and fishing of course which takes up most of my money then there's..............

Building the occasional rod

building fly boxes

wood turning

the occasional art project (non school)

airsoft

kayaking

and I enjoy expanding my CD collection. Unfortunately that's fairly expensive to do too. I always seem to need money, wonder why??

Flykid.. i also am into cd's big time.. mostly Blues but also a lot of old metal and rock.. at last count i had a tad over 4,000 in my collection.. that is on top of a record collection of around 2500.. My prize record is the Beatles White Album still wrapped in the Plastic and signed by all four of them!! Over the past few years i don't buy many from stores any more though..e-bay is cheaper!!

WOW! 4,000! That is huge. Mine's only in the 50's right now hahaha but I didn't really start collecting them till the last year. I'll have to check e-bay. I have a few records too. That's amazing that you have that autographed white album. That's way cool and I'm sure it's worth a ton now. My favorite record I own is Rush Snakes and Arrows. It's not rare at all but apparently there were only 2,000 copies made. I left it unopened and maybe somewhere down the road it will be a collectible. Collecting CD's and stuff is almost as addicting as fly tying!

Golf and running I am on the cross country and track teams for my school B) . In fact right now I am supposed to be looking for track spikes.

I wanted to join track this year so (insert swear word of choice)ing badly! But my parents were going to make me pay the $80 activity fee by myself. I am so mad about it...

I love kayaking, biking, hiking, hunting, fishing of any kind, photography, running, swimming, weight lifting, etc. I try to be really active.

I collect antlers and horns. It is a very small collection, including one whitetail antler, 3 muley antler, one elk, and one antelope.

In case you haven't figured out, I like being active and outdoors.

Golf and running I am on the cross country and track teams for my school B) . In fact right now I am supposed to be looking for track spikes.

I wanted to join track this year so (insert swear word of choice)ing badly! But my parents were going to make me pay the $80 activity fee by myself. I am so mad about it...

I love kayaking, biking, hiking, hunting, fishing of any kind, photography, running, swimming, weight lifting, etc. I try to be really active.

I collect antlers and horns. It is a very small collection, including one whitetail antler, 3 muley antler, one elk, and one antelope.

Since when do HS sports require an activity fee? I been out of HS since '97 and if my school had ever implemented a fee like that I'm pretty that would have spelled the end of athletics.

Since when do HS sports require an activity fee? I been out of HS since '97 and if my school had ever implemented a fee like that I'm pretty that would have spelled the end of athletics.

I don't know... I graduated HS in 1987, and I seem to remember there always being some sort of cost attached to it. It was a public school too, I'm fairly certain that private schools usually have fees for that stuff. Off topic of the post, but it is AMAZING to me how many different fundraisers my son's school has, and constant notes home about asking families to send in copier paper, cleaning supplies, first aid stuff, pencils, etc. None of the school system employees are living in poverty... makes me wonder where my tax money is going, OH WAIT, then I see the new football stadiums and ball fields and coaches' salaries. I'll stop before I go on for a LONG time about this.

back on topic, I have too many hobbies and not enough time (OR MONEY!) Guns, shooting, and handloading used to be a major weakness of mine, when I lived in a places where you didn't have to own your own land to shoot on... that and the high price of metals making it expensive. My son and I are pretty big into collecting insects too. Mostly lepidoptera (moths and butterflies), but other orders too. Bicycles, motorcycling, diving, growing vegetables, this stuff called WORK always seems to get in the way.

Other than tying and fishing, I am into Squirt boating( ultra low volume hand built fiberglass kayaks), White Water Kayaking, building small boats( wood) , Wood Working, House repair (my house is 160 +yrs old) My current hobby undertaking is building a Hollow Wooden Surf board post-4224-1237858597_thumb.jpg and Nerf golf.vtflyhack

I have been playing the guitar for 17 years. I play mostly various types of rock. I was in a ska/jazz band in college and studied classical for a few years when I was younger. For classical I used to have to glue pieces of ping pong balls to my fingers and shape them like fingernails because I couldn't stop biting my nails. Rather ridiculous but it worked really well.

I paddle white water in an open canoe solo and tandem I have 5 canoe and 3 kayaks at the moment can always use one more :headbang: unfortunately this is at the same time for prime fishing so weekends I paddle and after work I fish

Here she is....

Picture001-1.jpg

Yup, a good old homebrewing set up. Still in the works but good enough to brew some 200 gallons each years :rolleyes:

Good beer, bad beer, it doesn't matter... it's all beer :D

SWEEEEET!

I did some brewing in college with my roomate, who was a biomedical engineering major. We made a pale ale, irish red beer, and a stout. I haven't tried since, but they were some damn good beers we brewed.

Ya, that's a cool brewery. My dad has a similar set up. It's pretty slick. It's a cool hobby that I may get into one day :)

I like anything outdoors- hunting, hiking, camping, spelunking, etc. I used to build models as well but haven't had the time recently.

Hunting and video games.

YAHH!!! Half-Life and Halo! :hyst: :hyst: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I don't get to play them very often, but video games (Im talkin X-box) rock

Steeldrifter, is that a Northern Alabama Steelhead Association Bush Jumper Ditch Buster?! Looks like your average truck in Kentucky.....who knew that deep down inside, Steve was a hillbilly! Just joking, man...I do have another hobby that some people think is kinda weird...Serial Killers. They do not interest me in any "glamorous" way, but the psychology of the "abnormal" fascinates me....sometime I just can't leave work at work.