Fly Tying
airedale

How Many Flies are in Your Collection?

How Many Flies do You Have?  

294 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am guessing around 1000 but dont know for sure, and there is no way that I would even think about counting. I just found out that I am getting laid off at the end of January, so my number will be increasing. I have collected so much material and hooks over the last 25+ yrs that I will never run out.

Good luck, Tony

I have 24 boxes of flies and 10 of those boxes are filled with Midges. They don't take up much room so there is approx. 500-700 flies in each box. Some of the larger boxes of midges have 1,000-1,100 in each box. The other boxes have around 200-300 flies in each box.

Total is around 11,000. Of those 11,000 there are about 100 dry flies or floating patterns. All of them are for Trout.

Well, I figure between 1500 and 2000 and growing.....................

Have flies for trout and saltwater with 90% of the flies dedicated to trout!

Shhhhh, don't tell my wife or I'm in the dogg house - Just kidding, she would rather have me sitting at home tying flies instead of being out having a few with the boys and getting in trouble :whistle: :thumbsup: :sick: :nono: :butt: :hyst:

I have no idea of how many flies I have, more than enough though. I voted for over 4500, I do tie quite frequently.

Steady and growing!

i have 46 and 1 in the vice. no store bought 12 of them are from a swap many are doubles and triples and quads. a good 15 20 of them have yet to see water.

I have tied all most 100 flys so far :yahoo:

nice dude! more pics!

i am guessing i now have somewhere around 1,000 flies in total. somewhere around 700 trout flies. the rest are for bass, saltwater, and carp

I just started fly fishing last spring, and started tying at the beginning of this year. I'm ball-parking somewhere just shy of 250 so far. It's a mix between trout flies and bass flies (probably 40 clousers of various sizes and colors, most I've tied).

i have 46 and 1 in the vice. no store bought 12 of them are from a swap many are doubles and triples and quads. a good 15 20 of them have yet to see water.

counted yesterday i have 306 flies much better than 46 :rolleyes: i didnt count the "river handout" box that means that in about 60 days i will have tied for a year!!!!

I am not about to count them. There are about 400 in my vest and another 400 or so in my pontoon. Then I have about 10 large storage boxes and at least that many smaller boxes. Plus flies scattered about in various other containers. I'd guess 4 to 5K but could be more.

I'm still married so apparently not too many, but at time it comes close.... Seriously, somewhere between 1000-2000, with a couple hundred given as gifts. Its obviously more about my love of tying, and desire to try new/different things than it is about having enough flies to fish. Imagine its that way with many of you too.

Tom

I counted and I have 1,123 not including the one I am tying. Not bad for 5 months of tying

hehe Mr.Vegas, i have been tying around 8 months now, oh us newbs, sheesh i wouldn't dare count how many flies are in this house, although most people on this site seem to have a heap more than me, i just wonder how they choose what to put on sometimes!? Most awesome tyers here, i must bow down and accept my newbness.

I couldn't imagine having 20,000 flies and trying to decide what to take on the water!