Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Very first pic from the Camera

Just got it all set up this weekend and its too dark outside to get an outdoor pic right now (will do that tomorrow) but I had to snap at least one pic just to see how it works tonight. So here's the very first pic out of the camera. My subject was my cat Mimzy :lol:

kittyy.jpg

Looks great Steve! That sounds like a great kit. You'll love it man. Looks like you've got a great handle on it already. Nice pic. Whites are a little blown but the focus is right on.

CB

Thanks Chris.

I bought a flash diffuser off ebay for it so thinking that should help to soften the blown out whites on these indoor close ups (or at least from what I read I think it should....still learning :ph34r: ) but the diffuser is still on a boat from Hong Kong at the moment :lol:

Nice shot Steve. Don't worry about the highlights, go into Photoshop and change it to a dog, it'll look better then. :lol:

Had a few mins to play around with it a bit more today. First close up fly pic with just the flash and normal overhead light (no extra lighting)

slrtestpics004.jpg

mimzynose.jpg

birdd.jpg

These last three are just too funny :lol:

"Hey sooo....How you doin'? come around these trees often?"

80522680.jpg

"I wisper in your ear sweet nothings, come with me to pairs baby"

63595426.jpg

"Oh forget it lets just get down right now you sexy piece of pelt you!"

79065983.jpg

:hyst: :hyst:

Thanks Chris.

I bought a flash diffuser off ebay for it so thinking that should help to soften the blown out whites on these indoor close ups (or at least from what I read I think it should....still learning :ph34r: ) but the diffuser is still on a boat from Hong Kong at the moment :lol:

A White Styrofoam dinner plate will work as a diffuser in a pinch. Just cut a hole in the center of the plate and slip it over the lens :cheers:

I don't care who you are. Thats funny!!!

Jim

I would agree with it being funny. This is an educational forum isnt it :)

Just got it all set up this weekend and its too dark outside to get an outdoor pic right now (will do that tomorrow) but I had to snap at least one pic just to see how it works tonight. So here's the very first pic out of the camera. My subject was my cat Mimzy :lol:

kittyy.jpg

I wish I had something to offer. I really stink at the inside stuff and using flash etc. Just encourge you to keep after it. I like the photos and good subject material and looks like that dark grey would be great on some small sonker patterns :)

:hyst:

I tell ya what Jim the squirrel's around here have been breeding amongst the different species the past year now. So far this spring I have seen some of the wierdest looking squirrel's I've ever seen in my life. Ones that are all black with a red tail and patchy red/brown spots and all kind'a crazy looking ones :unsure: