Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Lens question

Hey John, I thought that I recognized the photography, great to know that you are over here as well. Been looking for another place to hang my hat and thought that I would come back here, great to know that you are here as well. :) Of course, you already know that I agree with everything that you wrote about the primes vs zooms.

probably sign my own commitment papers. (my wife knows since she organizes our taxes, but my sanity depends on remaining ignorant) I'd bet that a lot of the other guys here have similar stories.

My wife knows because

a) we do the taxes together

B) I show her the bills, incase I get hit by a car and she knows what to sell for without getting taken

Yeah, hit by a car or smothered with a pillow the very night that the long-suffering Mrs. Bennett stumbles upon a brand new 1Ds Mark III body hidden in your underwear drawer. I can see the headline now:

ONTARIO PHOTOGRAPHER EXPIRES UNDER MYSTERIOUS CIRCUMSTANCES

FUNERAL FRIDAY, FOLLOWED BY PHOTOGRAPHIC EQUIPMENT AUCTION

Laugh if you will, but I suspect most of us are just a purchase or two away from a similar fate. (or worse)

Well Im buying my 500 f4 tomorrow so if I disapear from the boards an you find my wife sipping Margaritas in Belize and watching some young stud cast to Bones you know whats happened :)

Ben !

Welcome aboard. Aother good site. I'm here quite a bit, read most threads, just dont post as often not having as much time.

Laugh if you will, but I suspect most of us are just a purchase or two away from a similar fate. (or worse)

I sleep with one eye open since the day I asked for permission to by my Canon :scared: :scared: :scared:

Wulff, awesome work! :headbang: Do you have a book published? I like photography but I have never come close to doing anything like that. Thank you for sharing.

Peace

AB

Thanks Alas.

A book i think is a little beyond me , dont think I'm there. :)

I do Freelance though for some Hook and Bullit magazines, it's starting to grow niceley for me. One mgazine is really growing nicely, another is looking good an I now have 2 more that Im starting to sen pictres to a bit. So hopefully by the nd of 2009 I'll haven my name in 3 or all 4 of them.

J