Fly Tying
appalachian angler (tn.)

Smallie Hunter

Will is going into surgery Monday to repair his ankles his father told me they may need to put a couple pins or screws in them.

I talked to Will yesterday and he seams to be in good sprits

I hope everyone got my Email message.

OSD.

Thanks for the call Bob, it was nice to be able to sit around for awhile and talk a little fishing. It helped to keep my mind off of everything going on.

As Bob said I will be going into surgery early tomorrow morning. From what the doc has told me I will be getting 2 screws in each ankle. It's a 2 hour procedure and he said they are gonna keep me overnight for observations.

It's been a rough couple of days trying to adapt to life in a wheelchair and from what they say I will be in the chair for the next few months. I just try to remember that I'm lucky to even be sitting here tying this message.

I appreciate all of the phone calls, emails, and PM's that I have gotten. I consider all of you my friends and I hope things get back to normal soon.

For anyone interested in seeing the damage to my truck I will add a couple of links.

http://flytyingforum.com/uploads/articles/accident8.jpg

http://flytyingforum.com/uploads/articles/accident9.jpg

Man that sure is nasty looking crash.

Will we wish for the best for ya and are prayers are with ya and your family my friend.

Keep your head up and recover soon.

Trout traveler

By the looks of your truck I think you were lucky, it could have been alot worse!! Hope you are doing better Will!!!

Take Care!!

prayers sent to the big guy and best wishes sent to you and your friends/family for a speedy recovery.

steve

I think everyone will appreciate this sentiment -

Considering I'm getting a wee bit more cantankerous by the day, and that it bugs the $#!T out of me when some A$$#@!% goes and causes something like this ANYWAY!, I propose the following:

We form a 'committee' of "Friends of Will" from around the Greater Northeast United States (that way you guys who live REALLY FAR AWAY ohmy.gif don't have to travel! wink.gif ) to go and pay a 'friendly visit' crutch.gif wheelchair.gif to the considerate driver who caused this damage and inconvenience to Will and his family.

Any takers, or am I gonna do this myself? boxing.gif gunsmilie.gif gun_bandana.gif

innocent.gif

I posted this over on RS.com and Joe Hepp directed me to this thread:

Hey Will,

I heard about your accident. I hope you are beginning to heal and feeling better soon.

Hang in there, buddy! I had both hips replaced this passed winter (only 49 yrs. old) and the genoristy of friends and the love of my family pulled me through. Don't be too timid to ask friends to lend a hand. Sometimes they are waiting to help and aren't sure how.

You are in my prayers.

Tom Boyd (dad)

Dfix i'm only a few hours away from Will so i'll meet ya there bud wink.gif flex.gif boxing.gif boxed.gif

The MORONS that where goin over 100+mph on a public street should have the book thrown at them!...from what Will told me last night it was some younger guys in a souped up camaro,being a "hot rod" guy myself i'll be the first to tell ya that those kinda speeds should be strickly done on the drag strip NOT A PUBLIC ROAD where inicent people can get hurt or even worse killed. They need there asses kicked far as i'm concerned!! mad.gif

Maybe break both there ankles and see how they like it devil.gif

Road trip to cinnci??? devil.gif

Will, I had an incident over ten years ago, much like yours. I was riding my motorcycle over an overpass when a guy at the stop sign pulled out right in front of me. When he realized I was headed straight for him, his eyes got as big as saucers. He tried to gun it, to get out of the way, but his '73 Buick Electra was too slow. I hit both brakes to try to stop, but I just left a 60 ft skid mark up to the vehicle. My bike was skidding sideways (It was fully upright, but sideways.), and my leg was caugt between the bike and the "car", a.k.a.- brick wall w/tires. Long story short (I know, too late.), the doctor told me he was giving me a 60/40 chance. I said a 60/40 chance of what? He said that they might have to amputate!!! Well, that didn't happen, but I do have a steel plate, 8 screws, and wire holding it together, and they had to take bone out of my hip to rebuild my ankle. SOOO... I do know what you going through, and I can say that you should be up, and at 'em again in a few months. Few being relative, but it took me 9 months to get the cast off. I am still wadefishing, as you will be, and the way to look at this (silver lining, here) is you have lots of free time to tie! Heck maybe ask the doctor to see some of his surgical tools. You just might find something, besides hemos, to use at the tying bench.

Good luck, Will. Hoping you'll be back on the water soon. headbang.gif