Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Alas Babylon

Looking for advice on an 8 wt

I'm thinking about buying my first 8 wt for steelhead. Looking at a Redington RS4 with Rise reel. Other than it will tick off my wife is there any reason I shouldn't go this way. Cost is a consideration and I think this is gonnna be my limit. If you know of some othe brand I should be looking at please let me know. I have a Red Fly 2 5 wt and llike it and their CSR Bill treated me right with a warrenty issue. That counts for a lot in my book. Anyone out there have one?

Thanks

AB

my uncle gave me a website called www.msrf.com and they have a disount/sale section on their website, you might be able to find something good there. Good luck.

Al

wow, my bad, its called mrfc.com, its great.

Go here

http://www.albrightflyfish.com/

Good rods and unbelievable prices.

Alright reels are awesome!! I have two of them, The GPR in a 3wt and the GPX as well. They are both nice.

Look at the A5 series rods for $139.99. They are running a special right now as well. If you spen $125 or more they will also give tou a free yellowstone fly rod.

jon

Thanks for the input and sites to look into. I went ahead and picked up the Redington and am well pleased with it. Only complaint was the reel handle. My 5 wt has a paddle style and this one was round but a phone call to Bill in Redingtons' customer service was met with quick satisfaction. Bill sent out a paddle style and it's now on the reel. Great customer service! I am sure the RS4 will be with me a long time.

Thanks again

AB

:D