Bluegill Stillwater Nymph Swap

Hey im in with a gurgler

size 10-4 hook

thread color to match foam 160 denier

contrasting bucktail and krystal flash

2mm foam

saddle hackle that contrasts or matches foam

foam head

May I join in on the fun? If so, a "gill getter" is what I'd like to tie.

Thanks,

JohnR

Student4evr, Jared Sartini, Fliesandfish and JohnR, you are all in! Glad to have you aboard, and Frank, as always, it's great to have you in on one of my swaps.

Also, Nealbo, I have you down for a Fox Squirrel Nymph Variant.

Only 3 spots left, and when they are gone, that's it. I will hold the swap to 15 swappers, no exceptions, so if you want in, you've better move fast!

Take care

BB

I'm in if ya'll have me, I haven't tied in 4 months or so , maybe this will get me inspired,,,chow,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,B,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Hey, Batman, it is GREAT to have you in on another one of my swaps. You know you are always welcome. You always do a great job! Welcome aboard.

Only two spots left! Who wants them? You'd better hurry!

Take care

BB

ok ill do 1 more swap if theres still room

put me down for a pattern called "clownshoes"

(i guess its a carp pattern, but the gills are slammin it)

Matt W and Flytire, you are both in and THIS SWAP IS CLOSED!

I'm VERY happy to have both of you guys in on this one. Flytire, it's good to have you in on another one of my swaps. Thank you both for signing up.

Take care

OD

scratch that. I'm going to do a marabou damsel (olive).

2x long nymph hook

marabou tail

wrapped marabou body with mono rib

small bead chain eyes

Mornin' everyone, I have mine done so if you will send your addy BB, I will get them on the way. been having pc problems at home if possible i will get a picture posted. flies are a variation of a damsel nymph,,,,,,,size 10 hook

fl. green rabbit for tail

Fl. green floss and fl. green ice chinelle for body

black bead chain for eyes

dark green film? for head

a little different, but simple to tie and I have caught a boat load of bream on these little things, hope ya'll like them . PS i have not tied in about 1/2 a year i am a little out of practice and crowded the eyes a little! :rolleyes: be kind hahaha

I caught this little guy on top last night. I am really excited about this swap. I am still field testing a bunch of nymph patterns and have yet to decided on which one to send. It is real hard to stick with a nymph when the top water action is starting.

IMGP1522.jpg

Hi Scott. Whoo Hoo! That's a nice fish! Did you measure it to see how long it was? Must have been a good 8 inches or more, depending on the size of your hand. That's what we're after. No little culls. That is a NICE fish! Maybe I should have made this a topwater swap rather than a nymph swap. So, what did you catch him on?

Take care

BB

Hey BB,

he was caught on a foam fly I call the Orange Crush "Denver Broncos reference". He was about 9" which in this pond is on the smaller side.

Real easy fly to tie, it is tied on a size 12, but I have some tied on a 16 for the real small gills. These gills will bend a 3 weight in half, easily. If you ever come to Northern California I'll take you out. The top water really gets hot next month. Plus you get the throw in of a bunch of bass as well. I'll send you a couple when I send in my nymphs.

IMGP0474.jpg

IMGP0475.jpg

Here is the size I normally get.

IMGP0472.jpg

I have got a question for the rest of you in the swap. I decided on the approximate damsel as my pattern but my question is about color. I tie the pattern in two different colors: Light olive (realistic) and hot pink (flashy). The olive version does a good job representing the natural look and action of a damselfly nymph but the pink version is much brighter and has a little bit of flashabou to really catch the fish's attention. I personally have never found bluegill to be particularly picky about what they eat and I have had slightly better success on the pink version but I understand that many people would rather fish a pattern that more closely imitates the real deal. So my question is: Olive or Pink?? :dunno: It doesn't make any difference to me which one I have to tie a bunch up of since I will be tying a lot of both this spring anyway to load my own box.

ApproximateDamsel2.jpg

ApproximateDamsel1.jpg

Thanks for your input,

--Chad