Fly Tying
Guest TroutBum

What Vise do you use?

What is your primary vise?  

3,238 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Haha I actually don't know what brand my vise is! I bought it in a kit four years or so back that came in a little wooden box with all of the tools necessary for tying, so I figured it was a good deal. It has actually been a great vise for the time I've had it, and I'll probably wait until it breaks down to get a new one

Edward

well I kinda a vise bum got renzetti a k's best dk and vise a fellow custom built would love to tie some flies on a LAW don't know if these are still available or not anybody know found his web site but no e-mail address just phone no. not sure about cost of phone call out of the country

Put me down for a dyna-king pro. have had it for 4 years not once have i ever had a problem with it. i like dyna king over renzetti because DK uses steel construction and renzetti uses aluminum. imo dyna king and hmh put the most into their products in terms of materials used and quality fit and finish.

I started with a cheap vise, then picked up a Danvise, worked pretty well....then 5 yrs ago bought a Nor-vise. With the bench setup I currently have it works well for me.

Once you try a renzetti masters then there's no going back to try anything else.

Once you try a renzetti masters then there's no going back to try anything else.

re: the "anything else" part... evidently posted by someone who's NEVER spent quality time on a J-Vise...

'made by Jay Smit in Durban, the Brightest spot on the Dark Continent...

F70A1232_zps6eb4d7f1.jpg

Before I got all my own tools, materials and everything else I used a cheap no name kit vise of my Dads..

It was quite unpleasant to work with and when I decided to buy my own stuff I wanted do it once and only once.

Sadly that isn't and will never be the case. New things keep coming out and everything seems to have one specific purpose these days.. If only I still had the funds to try everything. haha

What I ended up with was a Renzetti Master and just recently a standard Regal on a custom made base.

Intentions behind the regal were long streamers, but the lacking rotary ability kinda sucks being the way you rotate it is in the middle of your work space and the shaft gets in the way..

For jigs I doubt anything is better than the Regal, but all around vise the Renzetti wins for me.

The clamping power of both is outstanding, but I definitely prefer the Renzetti by a mile when it comes down to details and ease of use.

Only thing negative I can say is the base it comes with isn't big or heavy enough.

I found a place who sells granite slabs and I think that's a worthwhile investment for sure..

Nor-vise Fine Point Jaw Conversion...

for the small chassis, something good just got better...
F70A1459_zpsf830cc9f.jpg