Fly Tying
Guest TroutBum

What Vise do you use?

What is your primary vise?  

3,238 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I use a clamp on table vise because that is what came with my original tying kit. Lovingly hand crafted in an assembly line in India, I've never had a problem with it. :D

I've been using the same clamp-on Regal for a number of years. Like it very much... but this one does not have a rotating head... didn't know what I was missing until I used one that belongs to a friend... oh well... maybe for christmas!

I just use the vise that came in the fly tying kit i got, will be getting a new vice soon...

same here but mine works well and i have tied some good flies on it i am a man of simplicity not rotary and all that stuff

by the way what does the rotary vise do thats so special? every one says there great for dry flies

:wallbash: :dunno: :help:

I'm using the Peak Rotary vise for most patterns - love it. I do have a RENZETTI Traveler with the clouser arm that I use for streamers.

post-948-1152569964_thumb.jpg

Several months ago I voted for the HMH Spartan. I still think its a good vise. But I've since tried the Peak vise and am a convert. I bought one and it seems perfect for me.

Greg

What do you think about the vice that "Rite" offers?

www.thornesmanufacturing.com

I believe that the vice you're looking at is the Danvice. If you'll do a search for Danvice, you'll find numerous favorable reviews. Some of those reviews are from this site.

on impulse and what i thought to be a steal i picked up renzetti traveler for 160 canadian. they had it listed at 250 but have some huge four day sale going on at the fishin' hole that it was tough to pass up. although i've only tied three flies to date and none on the traveler yet, i am hooked on the art of tying. i'm just hoping that i can catch a fish on one of my flies before the summer is over.

I have a Renzetti, and I heared thoes little rubber bands get streched out, Mine is still good now but where would I get another one?? does any one know?

Pickin

I have a Renzetti, and I heared thoes little rubber bands get streched out, Mine is still good now but where would I get another one?? does any one know?

Pickin

There is a number of things you can use. Girls small regular ponytail elastics work fine, or even better a 3/8" o ring from a hardware store or a fine spring out of a ball point pen. Just bend two little hooks on the ends and loop it around like a material clip.

Another vote for the other category. I just picked up a Peak rotary vise from Bass Pro - my first store bought vise. Up to this point I have tied on a vise my dad made for me 20 years ago. I must say I like using the rotary option and the Peak seems very well built. The folks at Peak were pleasant to deal with to boot.

Im still using the vise that came with a kit i bought from cabales several years ago. Has been slipping for several years just havent been able to justify buying a new one. :wallbash:

Using the first vice i ever bought...Thompson SLT 360. Got it off ebay in new condition but was from a store going out of business. Paid $55 shipped for the vice and both the standard and midge jaws (pretty good considering the jaws alone retailed for $35 i think and the vice had a $205 sticker still on it...)