Fly Tying
Guest TroutBum

What Vise do you use?

What is your primary vise?  

3,238 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Like many, started with a Thompson A/Pro. Now have a Dyna-King Kingfisher-love it. Wanted a simple, sturdy, non-rotary vise: this fits the bill.

I split time between my Nor-vise and my Dyna King 'cuda. Both excellent. I've also been tying lately on a Vosseler. Nice vises in case you haven't seen them.

I started my fly tying obsession with a Thompson Model A, but upgraded to a Renzetti Traveller Cam Model.

I started out with some cheap 20 dollar vice from Cabela's and the hooks were actually bending the vice jaws. I put up with this vice for about a year and recently got a Renzetti Cam traveler just like the one on the left of my reply screen. I love this vice. It holds hooks beautifully and is a joy to tie with.

Pleasant Tying!

Flykid

Used a renzetti traveler for about 12 years, then saw Mr. Norlander demonstrating his rotary at a fly show. Oh my. Bought one & haven't used the renzetti since. What a dream. Took a couple hours to work nicely, but once I figured it out, flight! Fast, extraordinarily made, perfect rotary movement--and the wind-up bobbin is a technological break through. So the Nor-Vise has my strong vote.

Left the Renzetti Traveler and went with the New V O S S L E R! I love the change! The Renzetti was a nice vise but nothing compares to the Vossler for me. The functionality and features of setting the vise up in various positions is awesome. The biggest change that I have experienced when tying on this vise is comfort. My neck and back pain has gone away because I have been able to dial the vise in to a postion that does not put any strain on me. I love it. The double jaws..... Midge Pinch Jaw and the larger jaw on the vise speed up my tying time allowing me to not have to switch out vises in between flies.

Thanks Vossler!!!

post-9167-1165072810_thumb.jpg :D Well I started building these vises long before I started tying flies. My Father in-law wanted a Renzetti style but didn't want to spend the $$$$. Being a tool maker I came up with this. This pic is of the first one I built since I have made a few improvements. But alsa I end up with the original and the other 7 or 8 have gone to friends :blink:

Peak Vise. Great quality and tru rotary at affordable price. Purchase it even if you're just starting out. I'm sure someone at EBAY will purchase it from yo if you decide to sell.

Peak Vise. Great quality and tru rotary at affordable price. Purchase it even if you're just starting out. I'm sure someone at EBAY will purchase it from yo if you decide to sell.

My thoughts exactly. I researched quite a bit before I bought a vise to start with. i am extremely happy with my Peak Vise!

Greetings from Perth Australia. :D We're in the middle of our dry season waiting for the hopper plague and at times like these we tend to rely on a vice called Dingo. Google it, study it and then envy it. <_< I must admit though, you Americans have got everything else down to a fine art. Viva le sage, columbia, tibor et wasatch! :headbang: