Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
scotfly

About time I introduced myself!

Been a member for nearly 2 years now! I've looked in occasionally, but not nearly enough. There's some great stuff on here and a lot of fantastic tyers. Lots for me to learn and hopefully I'll be able to give a little too. I see a few familiar names here who'll know me, but for those that don't....

I answer to scotfly, Dennis, or just plain idiot :devil: (If you think it's appropriate) I've been tying and fishing for over 40 years. I'm crap at both and still learning, but I'm happy with my slow progress. I'm Scottish born and bred, but live and earn my living near London where I fish the local Chalkstreams. (Avon, Wylye, Bourne, Ebble and Nadder) But I jump at ever chance possible to do "proper" fishing on the spate/freestone rivers further north and up home in Scotland. I like to, when possible, fish dry or soft hackles for the native Browns. I also have very occasional forays after Salmon and Seatrout.