Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Pere Marquette salmon outing

So which will work better guys 18th or 25th dunno.gif ? talked to my fishin bud today and i think ethier date will work for me so whatever works for most of you guys planning on attending is what we will make it.

Lets decide a date so we can get a post going will details for everyone interested.

18th if I can make it down there I am in.

25th I might be in oscoda but if I am not there I will be in baldwin already and I will stop by for a little bit.

either will work for me. the 18th is an away game that starts at noon, and would take me a bit longer to get there. the 25th is a home game and i can jet home right afterwards and be on the road by 2:30, 3 at the latest.

i will probably stay with my grandparents unless we camp out then i will just pitch a tent somewhere.

We'll wait for a few more of the other guys to reply just so we dont pick a weekend that isn't good for the majority but i'm kinda leaning towards the 25th just so there are PLENTY of fish in the river and there will still be a good mix of fresh ones with the ones that have been in for awhile.

With me being recently unemployed my buddy and i will be stayin in his tralier that is right outside of baldwin(to save a few bucks) but we'll see if alot of the guys are stayin at the same campground/motel/etc.. and we'll all get together friday night where ever everyone wants to meet to spend a little time gettin to know everybody ,tell lies,storys you know the drill wink.gif then we'll hit the river the next morning..or friday night if a few of us get there early enough.

We'll work the details out over the next few days but i'll "pin" a list of campground/motels in this forum for anyone that isnt familiar with the PM/baldwin area. Then once we have a little more feedback from everyone we'll get a post with soild details going.

Should be a good time guys headbang.gif

SD

Sounds Like a good plain Steve

The 28th will assure that there will be fish in the river

I may camp also but I have some work to do on my camper between now and then.

OSD.

The 28 would work for me there SD.If have to i'll pitch a tent.Or see if i can stay at a friends shack outside of baldwin.

Maybe we can see how many are going to show up for sure and see if maybe we can all gather at the same place.If not then the idea of a gathering would work.

tt

Wish I could attend guys, sounds like a helluva good time.

Steve, what kind of species is a slamon anyway? dunno.gif

Chinook salmon and if your real lucky maybe a Coho.

sorry for answering the qustion for ya Steve.

OSD.

Most of the fish that we will be catching are the chinook salmon Will but there are a decent number of coho that are mixed in with them. The chinnok(king)salmon is like fighting a runaway train and the smaller coho are like hooking a steelhead on speed! laugh.gif

heres some good info on them for more specifics.

http://www.hitime.com/sdscptn.htm#Chinook

Really wish you could make it to bud but we'll make up for it with a steelhead trip in the spring smile.gif

SD

ok will i guess i will explain it for you. they dont seem to get it.

please re-read the heading for this topic, if you will. you will notice that it says pere marquette slamon outing, not salmon outing.

i hate to be the bearer of bad news blink.gif

Thanks Sean. The fact that it went right over their heads gave me a good laugh. laugh.gif