Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Pere Marquette salmon outing

Can't wait to see everyone...and MSU...there is NO PHOTOSHOP work on that photo...Art really did that after we told him he had to pray to the Fish Gods! rolleyes.gif

Remember if you are staying at Ivans tell them you are with michiganoutdoorsman.com

Just got back from up there. Didn't get a chance to look at the PM, but the BM is holding some respectable numbers in "certain" areas. The fish were very spooky do to the pressure and the clear water. Seen a few redds, but the majority were still in pre-spawn mode.

My wife and I floated from the dam to below Suicide and spotted several hundred salmon and some LRB's in the mix. At first I thought the browns were residents, but a couple of them had lampreys on them.

No rain in the forecast dry.gif A slight chance of precipitation for the end of the week, but nothing measurable.

Nice Truck, Brent! smile.gif

I will be up there tomorrow evening. Thursday I have something to take care of but should be around in the evening...If I am not fishing I will be at the huge 39 1/2 foot 5th Wheel with the 12 foot garage in back. My truck and my dad's black F-250 Diesel will be by it and my driftboat if we are there...Might not be close to the pavillion if there is no room to park that beast in them sites...Everyone have a safe Trip and see ya when ya get there!

I will be heading to oscoda this weekend to fish off the pier heads. I guess good numbers of fish are over there so I am going to try my hand at some silver torpedoes before they head up river. I'll probably hit the PM sometime in october.

QUOTE (stel @ Sep 22 2004, 02:14 AM)
I will be heading to oscoda this weekend to fish off the pier heads. I guess good numbers of fish are over there so I am going to try my hand at some silver torpedoes before they head up river. I'll probably hit the PM sometime in october.

Dude, you suck..... grow some balls and come down and have some fun. If it was a girl maybe i could understand but this is unacceptable..... bs.gif

Not to worry, John

He's gonna come back with all the stories about how the boats cut his line, sleeping in his truck freezing, ect...

biggrin.gif crying.gif

QUOTE (Shoe @ Sep 22 2004, 02:01 PM)
Not to worry, John

He's gonna come back with all the stories about how the boats cut his line, sleeping in his truck freezing, ect...

biggrin.gif crying.gif

and that would be differnent than any other weekend how? dunno.gif

Just kidding Danny... I am looking foward to this weekend regardless if you are there or not. And speaking of sissies Art said he is 25% for this weekend. He is the only guy i know that gives me percentages on whether he will show up or not, hopefully he does.

BTW Dan, you getting any tail up there yet?

I have been wanting to hit oscoda around this time for the last several years. I was hoping to bring some friends to the baldwin outing along but that doesn't look like it will be happening. Plus, I have some friends out there that I will probably be meeting up along with my pops.

If any changes happen I will come down for a day but will probably head back up the same day. I'll be in that run I like alot for sure and probably all day.

Hey johnny, give me a call tomarrow! I have a question for ya.

Hey Dan, be sure to try Gilberts. There are some years when the fish stage there because they don't want to cross the flat behind the Funeral Home. With this lack of rain, I'd bet my hat on it wink.gif

Kevin, the BM is a possibility for Sunday, although a float below the next dam sounds pretty good smile.gif