Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Fred H.

Bullfrog slidder

post-11886-1240119416_thumb.jpgThis is a fly I have'nt tied in a while. It's one of my favorite big bass flies. Let me know what you think.

Fred

WILD!! What's the body of the fly? GOTTA KNOW!!!

The popper body is made from a single piece of foam I bought from Michaels . They come in a bag of ten and are called " foamies shapes". They look like big mashmellows. I shaped it with a dremel tool and colored it with prisma markers and then sealed the deal with some 2 ton epoxy. The extra time and effort are totally worth it .This bait is deadly on big bass.

Fred

That is awesome! Great tie!

Thanks ,spinner, Ridleyffo, Jan and cole. The possibilities with a blank piece of foam are endless.

Fred

Thanks for all the nice comments guys. As for naming the fly , I promissed myself not to do that again unless I have a fly go commercial or make a magazine. Anyway I think its a decent concept for a fly and if a company ran with the idea and injection molded some foam frog heads I think they would do well. Take away the head and the rest of the fly is like any other slider or popper . Shaping the head by hand is time consumming , but worth it for now.

Fred

Thanks Paul . I think you and Glen (tyrite) are the only people outside La. that have those. Don't let the gamewardens see them. :ph34r: