Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

More wolf pictures from 04/18

I went to the zoo again on Saturday and came away with these pictures. All were taken with the K20D and Sigma 50-500mm. All at ISO 1600 and various settings.

__IGP4461a.jpg

Here is a shot showing the pack of wolves that are at the zoo.

__IGP4466a.jpg

__IGP4499a.jpg

__IGP4513a.jpg

__IGP4517a.jpg

__IGP4537a.jpg

And this one caught me off guard and sure wish I had captured him. He was one unhappy puppy.

__IGP4523a.jpg

Thanks

Jim

I like #4 as well, although you've been spending enough time with the wolves lately that I'm beginning to get a little suspicious. My advice to your neighbors would be to stock up on silver bullets and start checking the moon phases on the calendar. They'd also do well to stay off the moor. (Are there moors in Colorado?) When I was a kid, I spent a lot of Friday nights watching horror movies on Shock Theater, so I've got a pretty good idea of what the danger signals are. OOOOOOOOOOWWWOOOOOOOO.

"Even a man who is pure at heart

and says his prayers at night,

can become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms

and the autumn moon is bright."

Nice pictures Jim.

I really like number four.

Thank you Lynn, I really like #4 also.

I like #4 as well, although you've been spending enough time with the wolves lately that I'm beginning to get a little suspicious. My advice to your neighbors would be to stock up on silver bullets and start checking the moon phases on the calendar. They'd also do well to stay off the moor. (Are there moors in Colorado?) When I was a kid, I spent a lot of Friday nights watching horror movies on Shock Theater, so I've got a pretty good idea of what the danger signals are. OOOOOOOOOOWWWOOOOOOOO.

"Even a man who is pure at heart

and says his prayers at night,

can become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms

and the autumn moon is bright."

Thank you Peter, yeah I have been spending quite a bit of time there OOOOOOOOOOWWWOOOOOOOO. I did notice on Saturday that after just a few hours I was ready to leave. So I think it is time to find something else to stalk no I mean photograph. Flowers haven't started blooming yet.

Thanks

Jim

Those are some neat shots, thanks for sharing

Jan

Thanks smallieFanatic.

Nice shots, Jim. Number 4 especially!

I think you've discovered the secret to good wildlife photography: "f/8 and BE THERE!!!"

John

Thanks John, yep F/8 is working out well for me. And as far as being there. Yep I was there for about 10 hours total.

Thanks

Jim

Very nice.

Note to self: take the camera to the zoo sometime :)

Thank you Crotalus. Normally when I go to the zoo with my camera nobody is coming with me because they know where I will be at. If someone else is coming with me then my camera stays at home. It makes for a more enjoyable time that way. lol

Thanks

Jim