Fly Tying
Rob Knisely

Hi Hans Weilenmann.!!!

Hi Hans and welcome to The Fly Tying Forum!

How've you been? Care to make an introduction for the few who may not know you? How's the family? What are you up to these days?

I've learned so much from the advice you've given others and myself over the years in articles and especially forums like this, I almost feel like you are a friend and mentor. I still use your phrase "your mileage may vary" when teaching others. I've also benefited greatly from the displays of world-wide tiers on your web site.

I've seen your posts on flyfisherman.com ~ lots of cool patterns, but for some reason the photos don't show up recently... prob an error here at my terminal. But the ones I've seen are, or course, inspiring. What's the reason for all the pattern posts? Just want to share? That would be my guess, as you've always been generous in sharing your knowledge and expertise with everyone... Thank-you for that!

Good to see you here, Hans!

-Rob

Hi Rob,

Long time no talk...

I have been a member of the forum for quite some time (member number 325), active reader and less frequent poster.

Claudia's "Flies from the vise" thread appealed to me, so I started posting some recent stuff there to share. No deeper meaning other than that <_<

Stay safe,

Hans W

claudia is our only babe in tying so she is covented....lol....i was looking for your site for weeks glad you posted now your site is in the favs ......

claudia is our only babe in tying so she is covented....lol....i was looking for your site for weeks glad you posted now your site is in the favs ......

"claudia is our only babe in tying ..."

Not so... CheyAnne very much here also <_<

And then there is my own kid, all 12 years of her, with one of her bugs

greenwell_hangover.jpg

Cheers,

Hans

Hans, talent runs in the family, very nice. I enjoy watching the "flies from the vice" everyday for new posts.

Ian

There are several ladies on this site, actually. That's one of the things I enjoy about FTF.com; it appeals to many, male and female, across the globe. Watch the Norwegians, Swedes, Fins, Austrians and Germans. There are at least a couple of ladies who tie great flies in that group, plus there are some from the U.S. I can't remember everyones' screen names, so it difficult to tell sex in an online discussion, but you can tell knowledge and experience, at least in this group.

Ray

"claudia is our only babe in tying ..."

Not so... CheyAnne very much here also <_<

And then there is my own kid, all 12 years of her, with one of her bugs

greenwell_hangover.jpg

Cheers,

Hans

like the fly whats it called?

like the fly whats it called?

Moder, the fly is called Greenwell Hangover :rolleyes:

Here is another one the kid handed me a couple days back

wedding_band.jpg

Wedding Band

Cheers,

Hans W

Hi Hans, very nice of you to surface in here today,I'll run with you in the low places anywhere. Thanks for embracing us,we certainly do you.And your daughter. Tom.