Fly Tying
bigdewy

Stillwater Swap - Due Date 5/30

Great tie's every one :yahoo: but I think your missing one :blink:

Sorry Big Guy! Alzheimers moment.shame.gif

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!! confused0078.gif

Just got mine today. Great ties everyone. Thanks for hosting this one BD.

Must have come by dogsled!?4chsmu1.gif

Yep! And the poor buggers were exhausted dragging that sled in this 80° heat. :yahoo: I just sent my brother back to Reno and the month of cold and rain.

Yep! And the poor buggers were exhausted dragging that sled in this 80° heat. :yahoo: I just sent my brother back to Reno and the month of cold and rain.

It has definitely been a wet June here in the Biggest Little City! snoozer_11.gif

Weather was suppose to improve, but seems that now we are in for another week of below average temps and above average precip!!shame.gif

I agree with the weather this year in Ky, it has been crazy. It has rained at least 3 days out of the week for the last 3 months or better. The creeks and rivers are washed out and the fish are all messed up in the lakes because of all the water they are also holding. I did manage to take out the canoe Mon and Tues between the rains and catch a few bass. I was fishing the blue and black bug and lost a nice bass on my 5wt it broke off the fly leader and all as it jump out of the water with its solid white belly and big head had to be a least 3-4lbs and about 18-19inches. It was fun while it lasted.

Got them today and all I can say is WOW. Great ties. Now only if I had bluegills with in an hour drive.... and not 6 :wallbash: :wallbash:

I don't think there are many fish that are going to pass up on those flies, at least not a warm water species anyway. A Trout or Salmon might turn up their noses, being more sophisticated fish and all. Bass on the other hand are like Blue Gills, if it moves and it looks good it's fair game. :hyst: I'm beginning to think Crappie are the same way, I've caught them on a Crayfish, Bass Popper, and a Bead Headed Brassie. I wouldn't be surprised to catch a pike at point. But, even if you never get the chance to use them, they are nice flies.

Just got back from 2 weeks of fishing and found some GREAT flies in the mail. I wish I would have had them before I left, some of those flies would have NAILED some of the Bass I went after.

GREAT FLIES EVERYONE!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

Rick

Just returned from a trip to the 'Cariboo' area of BC, and this package was waiting at home for me. Opened it before I started to unpack.

This looks like a great opportunity for traveling to new fishing areas. All the ties look great

Thanks everyone for participating and thanks BigD for doing all the 'SwapMeister' chores.