Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Capt. Matt C

Mess? What Mess?

Moving from a house to an apartment is tough. I used to have a man room, now the only space to tie is on our little kitchen table within our 2 bedroom apartment.

How many of you would be in the dog house for this mess on the kitchen table? Lets see some more pics so we all have a little ammo against those who would dare make us clean our tying space (Tying Space=politically correct fly fishing term for mess)

post-12100-1241059001_thumb.jpg

post-12100-1241059036_thumb.jpg

Not to burst anyones bubble, but generally my tying space is pretty tidy. ;) B) :rolleyes:

Mine is too... Because my mom likes it clean. :D

A fine reason. :lol:

My space is somewhat organized and neat until I actually start tying. I have a desk which is now set up in the garage with my husband's. We have one corner of the garage with all our tying materials. It looks good until we get out there and then everything is out but still has an order to it or so to say we know where everything is. However for the past few months my stuff likes to come into the kitchen or the living room. It looks like a big mess but it always gets put back at some point. My hubby don't say much because we both tye and we understand each other well and how each of us tye.

Guest Tony P

I have to have mine clean & organized. I'm just more efficient when things are where they are suppose to be.

Tony P

I also love a neat and organized space. However, I have to keep all my stuff in rubber maid tubs and unpack it evrytime I want to tie. Kinda hard to avoid mess. When Im at it for several nights in a row, the outcome is what you see in the pics.

That's not a mess, anything that could be cleaned up in less than 30 seconds is really neat. I seem to have A.D.D. when it comes to tying so I always have 3 or 4 different patterns and materials on the go. My table is a mess. I would post a pic to make you feel better but the laptop is busted and I can't hook up the camera to the work pc.

Ian

That's not a mess, anything that could be cleaned up in less than 30 seconds is really neat. I seem to have A.D.D. when it comes to tying so I always have 3 or 4 different patterns and materials on the go. My table is a mess. I would post a pic to make you feel better but the laptop is busted and I can't hook up the camera to the work pc.

Ian

thats a mess, i generally cannot function in a area where i cant find anything , and if i am losing tools i stop , re-group vaccum if i need to and get back to it, some times i am tyin a dozen flies or a couple hundred so i gotta stay organized or its meltdown time.

I don't think what we have should be classified as a mess but organized choas. If you know what you are using and where the materials you need are then it is ok and as long as it is cleaned up later its fine. I too use rubbermaid containers along with wooden boxes and creates when I am not tying and each one has its special supplies however when I am tying they to are pulled out and opened. :wacko:

Ian

thats a mess, i generally cannot function in a area where i cant find anything , and if i am losing tools i stop , re-group vaccum if i need to and get back to it, some times i am tyin a dozen flies or a couple hundred so i gotta stay organized or its meltdown time.

I know exactly where everything is in there! :blink: :lol: