Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Capt. Matt C

Mess? What Mess?

Do you have a locked storage space at the new apartment? it may be tight but you could have your man room back. In college I used our storage space as a study room away from the insanity

Do you have a locked storage space at the new apartment? it may be tight but you could have your man room back. In college I used our storage space as a study room away from the insanity

Not in this one but the place we are moving into this June will. I worry though because its outside and even though it locks, the humidity and possibility of bugs worries me a little. Nothing a dehumidifier couldnt fix but the bugs....

I do must of my tying at work and keep my materials in a duffel bag. As a rule if your wife or girlfriend is unhappy, YOU are unhappy. I'd recommend finding a storage device of some kind to put your materials in when your done. You can show her pics of other peoples' messy desks and table, but she more than likely only cares about HER messy table.

FlyTyingKit.jpg

I do must of my tying at work and keep my materials in a duffel bag. As a rule if your wife or girlfriend is unhappy, YOU are unhappy. I'd recommend finding a storage device of some kind to put your materials in when your done. You can show her pics of other peoples' messy desks and table, but she more than likely only cares about HER messy table.

Sorry for the double post, I was trying to resize the picture of my fly tying bag, but couldn't figure it out.

I really don't understand all these people who say their desk are so neat and very tidy. If my desk is all neat and tidy then that tells me I havn't been tying enough. I have been tying for several swaps over the last couple of weeks now but have been unable to tye at my desk so my tying has been in the living room or kitchen it has been moving around. I have to tye where I can get comfortable and usually put up my feet so they don't swell, being six months pregnant. Here are some pics of the area that I have been tying from the last week.....

post-21020-1241319842_thumb.jpg post-21020-1241319892_thumb.jpg

Guest Tony P
I really don't understand all these people who say their desk are so neat and very tidy. If my desk is all neat and tidy then that tells me I havn't been tying enough. I have been tying for several swaps over the last couple of weeks now but have been unable to tye at my desk so my tying has been in the living room or kitchen it has been moving around. I have to tye where I can get comfortable and usually put up my feet so they don't swell, being six months pregnant. Here are some pics of the area that I have been tying from the last week.....

I didn't know Parenting magazine had fly patterns in it :baby: :dunno: .

Tony P

I didn't know Parenting magazine had fly patterns in it :baby: :dunno: .

Tony P

Pretty sure it doesn't but the Hatches on the other corner of the table does. The flies I was tying, didn't need a magizine for the pattern. <_<

Tony,

She failed to mention we own and operate a private daycare.....Been using that magazine for a coaster since it arrived....ain't no magazine gonna help fix whatever the Hell's wrong with our kids!! :down:

Hey Capt Matt, I hope for a fine man cave coming your way soon. Cheers, Jeff.

Oh and tying at the couch and coffee table, made my back stiff just looking at it :shocking:

Oh and tying at the couch and coffee table, made my back stiff just looking at it :shocking:

I was thinking the same thing.... ouch :crying: Been there and done that for too many years. Never again!

I'll ty on 1978 folding tin TV tray before I go back to tying on the coffee table.

When space was limited, I used an old computer cabinet for tying. It was like a small box closet. I hung materials by hooks in ziplock bags on the inside of the doors. Stacked plastic storage compartments with drawers where the computer monitor would go in. The small book collection went where the computer would sit and used the slide out key board platform for tying on. Never had to clean the mess just shut the doors and closed it all up.

I have the desk in the garage that I tye on a lot with my husband. We both have our desk out there and everything organized in wooden boxes, plastic clear boxes, and hung up on cork board on the walls beside our desk. However, I haven't been able to tye comfortalbly there and the couch, recliner, or coffee table seems to be working a little better right now. It seems to be easier to sit there to tye. After the baby I am sure I will be tying back on my desk. :)

Hey Jeff,

Long time no talk. Im still sorry for the mix up in Utah, I thought you had said you had to be gone that weekend! My bad!