Fly Tying
tdeyette

Polarized Fishing Sunglasses

I am interested in purchasing a pair of polarized fishing glasses for comfort from glare, eye safety, and to help see fish in the water. I know the best way to pick a pair of glasses is to try them on and see how they fit and work, however there is not really any "good" fully stocked fishing stores local. Looking through the catalogs and online I see there are many options, brands, lens colors and prices.

How does one choose a lens color? Brown, copper, gray. I know I would be fishing on rivers and streams where there would be trees, thus shadows, darker colored stream bottoms. I where contacts so I would not need the fit over variety. cool.gif

Are higher priced, glass lens glasses such as Action Optics worth the higher cost then say a 50-dollar pair of polycarbonate lenses?

I guess I am just trying to educate myself about fishing sunglasses so I can make an informed choice. I thought I would toss it out to you folks to see what you may have to say. Any thoughts or recommendations? dunno.gif

Thanks in advance

Tom

Yuppers... amber it is...they rock ( I borrowed a buddies and WOW)... They are especially useful in lower light situations (sunrise or sunset).

Good luck... I am looking for a pair for the Xmas list...so let me know what ya get.

'Nix

Get the amber color they are great.....i were my amber right up till about 9pm just because they work for keeping every bit of glare down right up till dark.

Amber, for sure. Also, IMHO Ocean Waves makes the best sunglasses on the planet.

I've got two pair of polarized sunglasses, one amber for low light condtions, and for the bright high skies around here at the beach, I also bring a pair with grey/green lenses. Neither are real expensive (Both pair were under $20 a pair i believe). I always wear my glasses when flyfishing, not just for the preotection and visibility from the sun, but to protect the eyes from stray flies duen to gusts of wind (all to common at the beach)

Mark Delaney