Fly Tying
littleman

clouser swap

I hope we don't cancel. I just printed my Toe Tags!

Seriously, I think this will be a fun swap even if there are only 6 or 8 entries. Clousers are cool. I am about halfway through tying them up. I have 20 hooks going, so I will be fine no matter how many people sign up. I hope we keep it going. I might even be able to tie a second pattern if you need some extra flies to fill out the swap.

Dave

I don't mind moving the date back. It gives me more time to let the laquer dry!

(Between the Clousers and the Thunder Creeks I am tying for the other swap, my house is smelling like a nail salon.)

Dave

I don't mind moving the date back. It gives me more time to let the laquer dry!

(Between the Clousers and the Thunder Creeks I am tying for the other swap, my house is smelling like a nail salon.)

Dave

What do you use to lacquer the heads on your clousers?

Littleman,

I would be interested as well if the due date was June 28th or 29th. I'm in a swap right now with a due date of June 9th. Once my commitment is finished there I would like to tie some Clousers. Count me in for the end of the month if you decide to extend your swap.

Steve

Littleman

Count me in as well if you extend your swap a little longer, Too much going on between now and June 9th,

Let me know.

Thanks

t5f

I use Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails. It takes several coats, but it gives a smooth finish... Eventually!

It is also easy to get, and I don't have to worry about having it shipped with hazmat papers. I know it is probably not a true laquer any more, but I have had good luck with it, and I have learned its quirks. The true advantage is when I have to fly to a far away place for work. I can take my tying gear on the plane, but not my liquids. I can get S.H.H.A.N. in any city at almost any big box store, spend a week of nights in a motel room tying flies, and leave the liquids behind for the journey home. (Usually I will only use clear on a trip, to save buying more than one bottle.)

I use the clear for most tying, but I also use the white and black for eyes on my Thunder Creek Bucktails. I also use black to finish traditional wets. (Although I usually try to find actual laquer for them, as it is kind of traditional)

Ok, this one's been dangling in front of me since you posted it like a, well, clouser minnow.... so I'm in. Chartreuse bucktail.

Hey Littleman,

Who are all the swappers and what is the final due date? Also please pm your address I am almost finished.

Thanks,

alright first swap lets have some fun. lets do a clouser swap any color or size. first 12 with im in and due date june 8.

1. little man- foxy clouser

2. rich5665- clouser minnow

3.agn54-tbd

4.DaveMan-tbd

5.shenandoahangler- Brown and orange clouser

6.fly tryer-tbd

7jacktjl-tbd

8.bassbugn-tbd

9.ColonelMel- chartruse clouser

Hey Littleman

Have you moved the due date? and also is the list at the first post the final number of tyers?

Fly tryer