Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
mrchbrwn

My frist two rods

These are the frist two flyrods that I built with the help of the site. Looking for some feed back on what you think and what I could do different.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Rick

he accidently posted the thumbnails of the pics he uploaded, they are in the gallery. from what i can tell they look nice. its hard to take photos of rods because of the shine, but a closeup of the wraps themselves would be nice. The wraps look possibly a little long on each end of the double foot snakes, but I could be wrong, kinda hard to tell. Other then that, the construction looks good.

steve

I think its called diamond wood (some kind of stabilized wood) Nice

OSD.

Thank You Steve, When I get a chance I'll have to figure out how you did that. Also Steve I do think that your right about the wraps being a little to long. I caught it after I compared it to my Scott rods. I'll try to get some close-ups of them, but the camera I have is really shit.gif

OSD, you hit it right on the head the inserts did come from Les. He puts a lot of pride into his work, and he is a very nice guy to deal with. As for what kind of wood they are I'm not sure. I just saw them on his web site and like them.

Thank you

Rick

The only criticism that I would have is also the size of the wraps. I personally prefer the look of smaller wraps. It's a minor critique however.

From what I can tell from the images, you have a good eye for color. You matched the blank and seat very well.

Good choice on the grip styles as well.

Nice, job man. Yeah, getting the wraps perfect is tough... I look forward to critiques on my rod as well...my power dryer is in the mail from eBay smile.gif !!! Oh those reel seats are SWEET!

'Nix

Sign in to follow this