Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
deserttrout

Summer Time Bugs Swap III

Is that 12th spot still available? If so I will take it!

John

John

Thanks for the support. This will be a fun swap as it crosses over four different forum lines and will expose us to new tyers.

Please read first entry and send me a PM with your personal email addy.

Thanks

Jim

:headbang: :headbang:

Three more slots added for FTF tyers!!!!

Don't wait sign up today.

Jim

I'm in......some sort of sculpin or something

I reserve the right to change my fly at the spur of the moment !!!! <_<

I'm in......some sort of sculpin or something

I reserve the right to change my fly at the spur of the moment !!!! <_<

Thanks Vinnie

You are in and down for the sculpin or whatever.

Jim

swap is closed Thanks to the hardy 36 flytyers from FIVE different forums. This will be fun :rolleyes: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

If I don't master tying the Coppertone Blonde after this swap, I'm going to retire. :hyst:

I would like to join....can't tell if you are finally closed or not by the posts.....OOPS....I just looked up. Missed it by a few days. Thanks

I know it has been awhile but does anyone remember when the deadline is and how many I should be making. Can't find my emails on it. Thanks. Any help would be deeply appreciated.

I know it has been awhile but does anyone remember when the deadline is and how many I should be making. Can't find my emails on it. Thanks. Any help would be deeply appreciated.

36 flies do by August 30th or the 31st

Thank you rich5665 thank you. It is good to know when to stop. A person could just keep on tying and never come up for air. :hyst:

With everything going on this week, I planned ahead and finished mine last week. Note that my fly is a beadchain Clouser (baby bass) that I have been fishing in shallow water still waters this summer....it has a slow sink rate...you may want to add weight or shot to your leader when fishing my particular fly if you prefer a faster sink or will be fishing moving water....I know the deadline is still several weeks out, but I can't wait to see all the great ties!!

I have to apologize for not staying in contact. as most of you know I started treatment for an illness eight weeks ago. The first two weeks were OK but since then, after my weekly injection, I am bed ridden for two or three days (this time four) Seems the meds build up in your system. When not in bed, I have no coordination, motivation, energy or appetite (I have lost 15 lbs since starting). What is worse is that I can't even fish!!! Enough about me - now to our gigantic swap.

I have received four packages of flys from you all and two more are on their way that I know of. We also have had two dropouts. Remember that flys are due 30 Aug.

OBTW: The flys are looking great :headbang:

Address

Jim Phillips

PO Box 848

Herlong, CA

I'm having issues tying the Coppertone Blonde. Can I switch to something easier. Perhaps a bloodworm if that's ok.