Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
deserttrout

Summer Time Bugs Swap III

with the great progress you're making in your tying, you're really think we would let you wuss out like that , Rich?!! LOL

Flies just went out your way Jim....added a few for your personal collection as a thank you...Can't wait to see all those flies!!!

I think it has to do with the fact I was trying to use Artificial Materials. The original pattern calls for deer hair. I don't think I have enough time to get materials and then tie up 36. Either way there will be 36 flies finished.

had the same issue with the Clousers...had tied so many for myself, that in mid swap, ran out of yellow and olive bucktail....thankfully, I have an understanding wife who let me make an emergency trip to the fly shop!!

Big Daddy Hub's Streamers arrived today from Kentuky. Nice bunch of Closures, Hub! This make six in hand and two more in the mail. :headbang:

We have had one more drop out due to being too busy meistering other swaps. :dunno: Please if you can not get the flys tied or have other reasons for not completeing the swap, let me know. Do not disappoint the other tiers that have put a lot of energy and effort in this swap. I had to drop out of a classic wet fly swap today due to the inability to concentrate, lack of coordination and shakey hands (not condusive for tieing flys). This is the first swap I have had to drop out of and it bothers me but STUFF does happen and we just need to contact the meister and let them know.

Jim

Jim,

Did you get the extras? Just something I was messing around with....hope you can use them!

Just finishing up my flies...It was like doing 3 swaps. I have to say it was a test of discipline. I was hosting and had other swaps I entered (swapaholic?) Yes I entered that one also. The one left to do. :yahoo: :yahoo:

I will be sending them in the mail soon. Unbelievable but I finished them. First time I had ever taken on doing so many of one kind. So.... thanks. :headbang:

I hope they are ok. As you know I am still learning every time I lift the bobbin. :hyst:

Can't wait to see everyone's flies...it's not often I get three dozen flies in the mail! Getting closer every day!

I apologize everyone but I have to drop from this one, family commitments and a few other issues have slowed me down. I pm'd deserttrout, to let him know, but have not received a response. August will be the first month that I have not done more than one swap and this will be the first time and hopefully the only time that I have ever dropped out of a swap.

well, hate to lose ya , Rich, but sometimes we get stretched thin.

Change of heart. Not to wory BDH, My flies will be done by tomorrow and in the mail by Thursday. 36 Bloodworms will heading to deserttrout's door.

In the mail!!! Coming your way. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Sorry to hear about Rich but he is a swapaholic and obviously has kicked the habit :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: . Going to miss you Rich. Too Bad.. I did a fly you haven't received yet. She was my own design. Oh My.... But the rest get to try them out. Hope they arrive in one peice.