Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Guest rich mc

whistler swap

If he is not responding, then forget about him and send out the flies. Make sure you contact one of the moderators so that this person gets added to the watch list. He may already be on the list, which means he could be banned from future swaps.

Guest rich mc

they are being mailed out tuesday.i will add one of my other flies in his place. we have some nice whistlers . its too bad my first hosted swap has a no show . i will host another swap in sept.rich

Received my whistlers yesterday :headbang: :headbang:

All sweet flies. I thought it was funny how troutbum and troutbum2's flies were so similar. Are you sure you guys werent separated at birth?

Really like them all but I have to say my favorite is the shad dart. real nice.

I would love to see a recipe and instructions for your wonder worm too RichMC, as I couldnt figure it out.

Thanks for the swap and filling it up for the No show :poop: head

I recieved mine yesterday. Thanks rich for the cool swap and the bonus worm,and to rob for the hooks. Troutbums fly is a great snook fly and I cant wait to get down to St. Pete to try these out. And the saturday night fever should do excellent around lighted docks. Now for the worm. I think you have an excellent pattern for flatheads. If you could post the pattern in the database that would be appreciated. I would like to extend the body about 2 or three more inches but I love the action this fly would present.Super job ev1. Proud to of been a part of this one. j74snook

Received my whistlers yesterday :headbang: :headbang:

All sweet flies. I thought it was funny how troutbum and troutbum2's flies were so similar. Are you sure you guys werent separated at birth?

Actually were identical twins but we have diffrent moms ,dads and birthdays.

Received mine yesterday. Thanks for hosting Rich. Nice flies everyone. Thank you for the hooks

I tied up a Purple Whistler for the Middlesex County Fair in East Brunswick NJ. I took third place. Thanks Rich for introducing me to a cool looking fly. The guy that took First "Tied up" six flies and then framed them. Three were streames and thre were dries. About the only ones I could identify were an Adams, a Micky Finn and a Royal Coachman. Thanks again for hosting Rich.

I tied up a Purple Whistler for the Middlesex County Fair in East Brunswick NJ. I took third place. Thanks Rich for introducing me to a cool looking fly. The guy that took First "Tied up" six flies and then framed them. Three were streames and thre were dries. About the only ones I could identify were an Adams, a Micky Finn and a Royal Coachman. Thanks again for hosting Rich.

Rich

Was that the Saturday Night Fever Burple whistler. I tied for the swap. I would love to see a pic or something. something to hang on my fridge to "make my wife proud" :rolleyes:

Rich

Was that the Saturday Night Fever Burple whistler. I tied for the swap. I would love to see a pic or something. something to hang on my fridge to "make my wife proud" :rolleyes:

Nah nothing so nice. I'd have to practice for a year to match your Burple. Here is a photo I took with my camera phone. I think the people who setup the display were not very gentle when handling the fly.

post-19761-1249394505_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the bad photo, I'm going to take my camera tonight to get a better shot.