Fly Tying
Arkansas Mike

If You Had To Give Up One--Tying Or Fishing?

If You Had To Give Up One--Tying Or Fishing?  

304 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd rather give up fishing. It's cold here in January though. Ask me on a nice morning in September.

I fished before I tied and I will fish after they take my vice from my cold dead hands I think?????????????

We must have similar relatives...that is about the same out-look i have from how i was raised.

I hate to say it but I picked fishing, I love to tie...but I also love to fish...I'm so confused...what a twisted

question...

jman :dunno:

Well, I love to tie and I love to fish, but there is a vital part of the flytying that dissapears when I can't fish with the flies any more.

I'd probably give up flytying.

I'll join the fishing camp and give up tying although if left leg were a choice like oatka says, it would be that.

I wonder though, with all us tiers giving up tying and going to fishing, who the hell will be left to tie flies for me to fish with!!!???

Maybe we can cut off oatka's leg so he can tie flies, let him tie for us and take him fishing occassionally??

Kirk

id have to reluctantly give up tying.

i like tying a lot. more to the point...........is that you cant find my creations locally or even at box stores! so id have to bug someone for my favorites! No..........i said Amber ribbing! 4 wraps of lead substitute!

i like fishing................but i also like the fact that ive tailored a lot of things i throw at them that work.

without traveling out of town to an orvis store...................my chances of finding a wet fly anywhere around would be about ZERO. no wet flys. no fly shops anywhere near me.

camoham

Twenty years ago, I'd have said I'd give up tying. Now it's just the opposite. Ongoing back-pain problems have made fishing very, very difficult. In the last two years, I've fished a grand total of three hours. Fly tying "keeps my hand in the pastime," so to speak.

John