Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
smfisher

Wiggle minnow on steroids

What did you use to create the body?
I used closed cell foam 6mm and glued discs together and turned it on a dremel. The color is fingernail polish and three coats of hard as nails.

Where are you getting 6mm foam frrom? All I ca find from the local Hobby Lobby is 2mm and 1mm. Beautiful fll by the way.

Steve

Thanks a ton for the quick reply.... but the link doesn't work I keep getting "Internet Explorer Cannot Display This Page" :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: it may just be my computer but I have been trying to find 6mm foam for while now and haven't been able to. I'll keep trying it because I found it on a google search as well but got the same message.

Steve

Very cool, Alan! Gotta have to come your way in the fall....summer ain't lookin' too good right now....After the baby gets here, me and the Mrs are gonna make back that way just to look at your boxes if nothing else!!

Thanks a ton for the quick reply.... but the link doesn't work I keep getting "Internet Explorer Cannot Display This Page" :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: it may just be my computer but I have been trying to find 6mm foam for while now and haven't been able to. I'll keep trying it because I found it on a google search as well but got the same message.

Steve

I click on it and have no problem it takes me right to it. Here it is again it may work the second time see if it helps.

http://kwikcrafts.com/crafts/product/FM43.html

Very nice. I like that color combination. If you're lazy like me you can also use the preformed popper bodies to tie up similar patterns..A pencil popper body will give you a narrower profile similar to a plug they use for salmon and lake trout on the Great Lakes.

Very cool, Alan! Gotta have to come your way in the fall....summer ain't lookin' too good right now....After the baby gets here, me and the Mrs are gonna make back that way just to look at your boxes if nothing else!!
Thanks , baby huh CONGRATS. :baby: No problemwhen ever you can, but it would be a shame to not get into some of these huge smallies I've been getting to know personally. :ban: I'm heading to the Elkhorn for the weekend if you get a chance come on down and slings some flies with me.

Killer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: It worked that time... and the other link works now too!!! like I said most likely just my computer having a deduhde moment. Thanks a ton man really helpful link.

Steve