Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
smfisher

Wiggle minnow on steroids

Killer adaptation of a great fly! Todd will like it I'm sure! have you ever thought of adding a prop behind the body? Greg Coffey (sparkleminnow, Coffey grinder) does this on the Coffey grinder and it is an awesome fly!

Killer adaptation of a great fly! Todd will like it I'm sure! have you ever thought of adding a prop behind the body? Greg Coffey (sparkleminnow, Coffey grinder) does this on the Coffey grinder and it is an awesome fly!
Thanks, I thought about putting a prop on the back but I don't know how the wiggle motion and the spinner would work together. I do make a fly somewhat similiar to the coffe grinder (Just not as nice).

100_3326.jpg

FREAKY COOl, ALAN!! Keep up the great work!!! Still raining here...haven't been one the creek in 29 days now! Go figure....last year, the creek bed was dry!

FREAKY COOl, ALAN!! Keep up the great work!!! Still raining here...haven't been one the creek in 29 days now! Go figure....last year, the creek bed was dry!
Thanks man ,yeah it has been one wet year I haven't been on the water much and the trip to Elkhorn had to be cancelled becuse of rain. :wallbash: :crying:

I made one of these and I just used pre-cut foam body that I carved to shape. The easiest way to go i think.

Hey Jan, would you mind posting a pic of it?

Heres one I tied, I just use the Spirit River pre-cut popper bodies cut to shape. This fly here obviously is nowere near the caliber of smfishers, but I think it will catch sumthin.

Jan

post-17709-1246905282_thumb.jpg

post-17709-1246905297_thumb.jpg

I made one of these and I just used pre-cut foam body that I carved to shape. The easiest way to go i think.

Hey Jan, would you mind posting a pic of it?

Heres one I tied, I just use the Spirit River pre-cut popper bodies cut to shape. This fly here obviously is nowere near the caliber of smfishers, but I think it will catch sumthin.

Jan

THERE it is!

Awesome popper Jan! :thumbup:

gage

Thanks, its supposed to be the diver, I suppose it is hard to tell just what it is.

Jan

Ooops! I just woke up and am in a fog. :wacko: :wacko:

Awesome diver Jan! :D

gage :D