Fly Tying
flytyinfreak

The first annual bait dunkers ball! (San Jaun worm swap)

Well I got this really wild hair. I mean a pretty simple but intriguing Idea. We all tye any type of worm you like. Why pay for a fly you can whip out in 30 seconds. I timed it out and with material prep I can whip em out in about 30 seconds apiece. pretty easy. I've played around with different styles and i still can't find a SJ worm that takes that long to tye.I figured what the heck lets see what kind of variety we can get from this really basic fly. I've seen em with red stretchy stuff on a swimming nymph hook, chenille, thread, Medusa's.....On and on... So here is my idea. A San Jaun worm swap. simple. Heres the kicker. lets' set the limit at, well, I don't know 20? 30? Am I crazy? I don't know I do know the darn little simple fly rox! It catches fish hands down. I don't mind tyin em up but what the heck it's time to see if this dog will hunt! sign in with what your going to tye ( to minimize duplication as much as possible) and lets see what we can do!!!!

Due date to be August 31st. That will give you tyers 8 weeks!here's the breakdown: 2 weeks to be enthused 4 weeks ( a whole month)to forget about the swap 1 week of trying to remember what you were supposed to do and 1 week to try and get all the wurms tied another week to fill the order, apologize and ask for an extension and my mailing address so actually you have 10 weeks to do the swap in! wow that's a lot of time! I know but what can I say that's just how we roll in freakytown.

Swap limit is to be determined. determined by how may people can sign up in the next 2-3 weeks. If 30 people sign up then 30 will be the amount. I would like to set the due date for August 31st In fact I think I like that number and that'll be the date! any other info needed? Oh yah! Mailing address! Not so fast!!!!! I ain't fallin for that one again! I posted my address and someone mailed out flies before I had even closed the swap!!!

SWAP CLOSED! no body gonna worm their way inta dis mess!

Wurm luvers:

1. flytyinfreak...........two tone spiral wurm recieved duh!

2. aroostookbasser....MMC recieved

3. willhunsacker........Pink wiggler

4. DaddyO................pink wurm recieved

5. wildman 66...........TBD recieved

6. dfield....................TBD recieved

7. flykid....................black n chatruese wurm recieved

8. Jacktjl...................crimson wurm recieved

9. Ridleyffo...............estaz wurm recieved

10. ColonelMel............SJW recieved

11. Horseshoes...........BD recieved

12. Rich5665...............Purple wurm recieved

13. fishingbobnelson....Sierra wurm recieved

14. getholdofjoru.........N.Carolina pink weenie wurm recieved

15. alittleton................red bead wurm recieved

16. TitanFlies...............red sinker wurm recieved

17. littleman................brown SJ wurm dropped because soccer is 5 hours a day this week, no time to tye!

18. NJflyman...............tan wurm recieved

19. student4ever.........Franks wurm ball recieved

I'm in depending on the due date. I'd like to tie what I call Eggs & Bacon but what one of the fellow forum guys dubbed the Eggi Juan Kenobi. However, if we are doing 30 swappers, I may leave out the egg part...

I'm in depending on the due date. I'd like to tie what I call Eggs & Bacon but what one of fellow forum guys dubbed the Eggi Juan Kenobi. However, if we are doing 30 swappers, I may leave out the egg part...

I'm in. What is the due date?

I am in. I don't know what to call it. but I think I will call it peaches and cream.

post-12040-1247586051_thumb.jpg

I am in, but we could use a bit more info.

WHAT? More info? BRO! It can't be that hard! Sorry I don't mean to offend. Me freak, me swapmiester. Me like um Wurm. You like um wurm. We all like um wurm. You tye wurm, you send to freak. freak spread em out. Freak mail worms out. NUFF SED!!! Swap limit is to be determined. determined by how may people can sign up in the next 2-3 weeks. If 30 people sign up then 30 will be the amount. I would like to set the due date for August 31st In fact I think I like that number and that'll be the date! any other info needed? Oh yah! Mailing address!

Well I don't have any of these so called worms, but I'm sure I can tie them.... sooooo I'M IN! I'll do a black or chartreuse worm. If someone wants one of those two colors call it and I'll do whatever one is left.

any chance of seeing some pics of them once yall have them done???

just wondering..

I think someone needs some deworming done on them lol jk

OK then,

Where the heck is San Juan,? Who is this guy? What is a Wurm? ALLLLRIGHHHT I am in. Anything that takes 30 seconds is great. Now where are my hooks? Do I need some hooks, it seems like pictures should suffice for 30 seconds. Wait, maybe looking for the hooks will be faster. I should be able to figure it out by the deadline. Any Swappers who post a picture early will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

Why the hell would anyone want 30 san juan worms :wallbash: even if they are effective :rolleyes:

Now maybe if this swap included all types of worms flys it could be interesting :headbang:

Why the hell would anyone want 30 san juan worms :wallbash: even if they are effective :rolleyes:

Now maybe if this swap included all types of worms flys it could be interesting :headbang:

So don't tye up a san jaun worm, tye up some other worm! I've seen 4 completely different flies that people have called "san Juan worms" this is supposed to be a no brainer swap! tye a bunch of "worm" flies. no more no less. nuff said U in Ridley?

Alright Freak, since we are long time swap buddies and you graciously joined my terrible tandem swap. I will begrudgingly admit I was a once a proud worm tosser and have carried my bad habits into my effite fly fishing days.

To that end I am a wurm lover. I just hope nobody steals a line that Mary Kuss said to this curmudgeonly old and obtuse guy who took an intoductory fly tying class with me. Mary after fielding about 20 inane questions told this guy "maybe you oughta stick to worms" :hyst: my wife occaisonaly make that comment when I ty up a horrible fly.

Ok I the once and former great worm and clam dunker will tie a Mike Ramsey estaz worm in several different colors. Here is what the fly looks like. I use this fly all the time in the freshwater lakes for LM and pickerel.

http://www.flyfishersrepublic.com/patterns...sey-estaz-worm/

Even though San Juan worms are an insult to fly tying, I did just join a swap for swapaholics, so I just can't pass this one up. I'm in. I'll tie a, huh, San Juan worm!

Colonel Mel