Fly Tying
flytyinfreak

The first annual bait dunkers ball! (San Jaun worm swap)

We just cancelled our Water Gap float trip due to the high flows currently coming out of Hancock. They are up around 15,000 CFS today and the gap is around 8,000. About 2 days for the water to get to GAP. No doubt it will get there as it is already in the system.

So it looks like I now have 9 untested prototypes ready. I will try to fish a few locally on the Schuylkill River this weekend and get 20 out shortly thereafter. I know the stinger hooks wont make much difference, but I really want to test the different weighted eyes Ive used.

Who is Stephen Arthur? You sent me wurms but they have no tags and no screen name anywhere! I ain't no mentalist! Heck I wouldn't even remember my name if my wife didn't write it in my underwear! Gentlemen. toe tag your flies! all you have to do is create a doc in text or word with your screenname then cut and paste the name a bazillion times until you have a page of your screen name. the only work is cutting them up and putting em on your flies. Aroostookbasser Your flies arrived. VEry very nice! where did you get that chennille? Please share with everyone, this stuff is way cool!

Who is Stephen Arthur? You sent me wurms but they have no tags and no screen name anywhere! I ain't no mentalist! Heck I wouldn't even remember my name if my wife didn't write it in my underwear! Gentlemen. toe tag your flies! all you have to do is create a doc in text or word with your screenname then cut and paste the name a bazillion times until you have a page of your screen name. the only work is cutting them up and putting em on your flies. Aroostookbasser Your flies arrived. VEry very nice! where did you get that chennille? Please share with everyone, this stuff is way cool!

OOOOps :bugeyes: ...Thats me :wallbash: I gave my wife the package and the details on the toe tags .Guess I should of done it myself.

It sucks being a beginner at this stuff...I'll do better next time...I'm so sorry dude!!!

Hey there FTF...you ready for this...Walmart!!!!

It's called Lion Suede.........available in a multitude of colors.

check out.....www.LionBrand.com

I have it in green and the burgundy. But they have alot more colors than that.

My wurms will wiggle their wondrous wurminess westward to you upon my weceipt of wur waddy. :wallbash: think im turning into elmer fudd.

that is your addy

Thanks

I included a prize for whomever's wurm is the wurmiess according to our wurm OVERLORD. In other words whomever Ross likes the best will get an extra Estaz Bloodworm

two dozen coming your way Ross!!!

tight Lines

Bob

Ridleyffo

flytyingfreak,

I am finally getting around to letting you know what pattern I will be tying. Been chipping those rocks on the great hiway. Your picture also inspired me to take my wife to nyc to see HAIR which brought back a lot of memories. Anyway, the Bow Juan Wurm Variants are under construction. I have tied about 15 so will make the delivery well in time.

Until then, Live Long and Prosper FTF,

Tim

The pattern;

Hook =Size 8 Streamer Bent on the vise shaft

Thread= copper or orange about size 6

Body= vintage speaker copper wire from the 70's + a clear stretch cord overwrap (2009) from Michael's Craft Store.

Caterpillar fibers= Vintage Ostrich herl from the late 70s. (I hope it doesn't disintegrate when whet)

Head=Peacock Herl

Lacquer= Lots of it

post-17692-1249154657_thumb.jpg

jacktjl

That is one tasty worm. :headbang: :headbang: Cant wait to put that on the buffet.

This WURM swap is turning out to be pretty good.

Wait til you guys see the wurm that Rich5665 can tie! :headbang: :headbang: