Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
smallieFanatic

the Total-Hatch Swap

I'm in with PMD's. If you don't mind, smallie, I'll do 4 emergers, 4 transitional nymphs, and probably 4 spent wings (or parachutes, whatever you prefer).

Mike

OK guys, this is a 'Total Hatch Swap' and this is how it works.

We all pick a certain Mayfly, Midge, or Caddis that hatches on whatever stream you fish the most.

Since we are tying 12 flies, you tie 4 nymphs, 4 Adults, and 4 Spent. If you are tying a caddis or midge, you can substitute the Spent by tying 4 emergers. Understand? To join just post an "I'm in" and name the insect you are tying.

(as in, "I'm in with a Blue Quill mayfly" etc. etc.)

When I have recieved all the sets, I mix them up and send them to everybody. As in you won't get you tin back, you will get somebody elses tin with all their flies in it. Make sense? Good! Lets fill these empty spaces. We'll see if we can make it to 15, if not then we'll go with 12. Due date will be August 20th to give us all plenty of time.

SmallieFanatic: Wheat colored Caddis--- #12 Peeping Caddis Nymph---- #12 Caddis S-H------#14 Elk Hair Caddis

(1.) Smalltownfisherman------------Dragonfly

(2.) Bowlover-----------------Sulpher Mayfly

(3.) Txflytier-------------------TBD

(4.) ibrb--------------------Blue Winged Olive

(5.) littleman--------------------Midge

(6.) Arkansas Mike-------------PMD

(7.)

(8.)

(9.)

(10.)

(11.)

(12.)

(13.)

(14.)

(15.)

Every body tie 12 flies! 4 nymphs, 4 adults, and four spent (or in the case of caddis or midge, emerger)!!!

If you accept European tyers I'm in and will be tying the Sandfly AKA Rhyacophila Dorsalis in nymph, emerger and adult. Beforehand we have to consent on the issue of postage, since I can"t stamp the return envelope with Dutch stamps.

Cheers

Sjo

Alright so in all this time we have painstakingly aquired only 8 swappers, so I am going to close up this swap tomorrow evening and then we can all get to tying our flies. I can't wait to see everyones stuff.

I thought we would fill this one up. Oh well.

Jan

Alright so in all this time we have painstakingly aquired only 8 swappers, so I am going to close up this swap tomorrow and then we can all get to tying our flies. I can't wait to see everyones stuff.

Jan

Great! I already have four of my flies tied so I'm halfway done! :headbang:

Alright so in all this time we have painstakingly aquired only 8 swappers, so I am going to close up this swap tomorrow and then we can all get to tying our flies. I can't wait to see everyones stuff.

I thought we would fill this one up. Oh well.

Jan

ok this should be cool i hope we get more people though.

will you get back a complete set of someone elses flies??

Yes you will.

Littleman, I agree completely. I think this is going to be a pretty fun swap.

i would gladly joined only if i knew what the hell i'd be doing. my arsenal of flies isn't big or adept enough to know what flies to tie

i would gladly joined only if i knew what the hell i'd be doing. my arsenal of flies isn't big or adept enough to know what flies to tie

Well, the swaps still open if you want to join. You could do a number of stuff like a March brown (nymph, dun, spent) or a Red Quill or a Misquito (Nymph, emerger, adult). Whatever fits your fancy. There are absolutely TONS of differant sets you could do.

Jan

SmallieFanatic: Wheat colored Caddis--- #12 Peeping Caddis Nymph---- #12 Caddis S-H------#14 Elk Hair Caddis

(1.) Smalltownfisherman------------Dragonfly

(2.) Bowlover-----------------Sulpher Mayfly

(3.) Txflytier-------------------TBD

(4.) ibrb--------------------Blue Winged Olive

(5.) littleman--------------------Midge

(6.) Arkansas Mike-------------PMD

Every body tie 12 flies! 4 nymphs, 4 adults, and four spent (or in the case of caddis or midge, emerger)!!!

I have one fast ? for everyone. I will be doing the MARCH BROWN I have the spinner and nymphs covered for the adult I was wanting to get yalls in put. Should I tie the AMERICAN , EASTERN , WESTERN , FLICK ?? I will see what yall say.

Thanks for any in put

Chance