Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Fly Tyer Guy

My Fly Box Contents

I tied these for a fishing trip I am taking the first week in August. A very big thanks to Charlie Vestal for supplying the hooks!

post-4590-1247688226_thumb.jpg

Not bad Dustin, you may have a future in this :rolleyes: Cheers, Jeff

Do I see a trip to Alaska ? Its apparent that you'll be going for some big ones! Great job on these Dustin

It's actually not to Alaska, it's a trip to Quebec (The Bonaenture river), but you are right I am going for some big ones! :D I'm taking my camera, so I'll hopefully have some great pictures for you all.

Thanks for the comments guys! :)

Nice looking flies for sure . You might also want to tie up some bombers on streamer hooks also , Mustad 9672 and similar hooks are ideal for patterns like these ...........Frank

That's a great collection of flies Dustin. While I have never fished in Quebec, I do fish for salmon just East of Quebec. Each of your flies will work. If the water is warm, stick with the Bombers and Wulffs you tied.

I suggest you check out the flies on the www.wwdoak.com website. Check out the green stonefly pattern. It is especially effective in Quebec and easy to tie (fluo. green floss body, black squirrel tail wing and a parachute hackle of your choice). I would also have a few #6 and #8 white tail green machines- this is one of the best patterns around, hands down.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Marc

Well, I just got done iwth my last day of fishing, I caught one (A five pounder) in the two days I was here, it was a great time! I'll be heading back tommorow. It was very enjoyable, even though I only caught one.

Do I see a trip to Alaska ? Its apparent that you'll be going for some big ones! Great job on these Dustin

It's actually not to Alaska, it's a trip to Quebec (The Bonaenture river), but you are right I am going for some big ones! :D I'm taking my camera, so I'll hopefully have some great pictures for you all.

Thanks for the comments guys! :)

Hi Fly tyer guy

These flies looks good. I would add a few Green Highlanders and a green Bomber ( see Royal Wullf Green Bomber post). Good luck with the fishing and a lot of this.....

post-3635-1249500477_thumb.jpg

Regards

Jens

Okay smalllie, here are some pics.

Hee are a few from Campbelton, the bridge is crossing from NB to Quebec.

post-4590-1249566815_thumb.jpg

post-4590-1249566893_thumb.jpg

post-4590-1249566934_thumb.jpg

post-4590-1249567012_thumb.jpg

Here is me fishing.

post-4590-1249567107_thumb.jpg

post-4590-1249567170_thumb.jpg

post-4590-1249567277_thumb.jpg

post-4590-1249567379_thumb.jpg

post-4590-1249567476_thumb.jpg

post-4590-1249567586_thumb.jpg

The river is extremely clear.

post-4590-1249567769_thumb.jpg

I'm going to have more pictures from the lodge that the guide took, they are going to send a disc with them on.

post-4590-1249567677_thumb.jpg