Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Fly Tyer Guy

My Fly Box Contents

Way to go Dustin!

You know see why they often refer to salmon as the fish of a million casts! Finicky buggers aren't they?

To catch 1 salmon on 1 trip is quite an accomplishment. I bat fall less than .500 and I have been at this sport for over 20 years. Some years I get to fish maybe 6 times and I end up skunked for the year.

I bet your salmon fought like the dickens.

What did you catch him on? Did you raise other fish? I bet you could see some real monsters laying in some of those emerald green pools.

Marc

Considering this was my first time ever fishing for anything but bluegill and bass, I'm happy. We could see quite a few fish, but they were not very active, even the guide was a little frustrated. It did fight very hard, granted it is over twice the size of any other fish I have caught before.

I caught it on a Grey Ghost variation, orange body, gray hackles with black stripes (Gray badger), and wood duck shoulders. It's not a Gray Ghost technically, but it looks similar. We did'nt raise many other fish, I think we had one rise to a bomber, and another one take a fly but no hookup.