Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Frogfish

Thunder Over Michigan!

I went to the airshow in Ypsilanti. Michigan last week and set up shop. Here's are some of the better ones.

CSC_1227.jpg

Blue Angels...F18s

CSC_1233.jpg

Blue Angels

CSC_1252.jpg

Blue Angels in a break

CSC_1262.jpg

CSC_1237.jpg

F16 Viperrrr

CSC_1235.jpg

F16

CSC_1239.jpg

Heritage Flight. F16 and P-51D Mustang

CSC_1228.jpg

F4 Phantom

CSC_1229.jpg

CSC_1231.jpg

CSC_1260.jpg

Blue Angel's C-130 hercules

CSC_1264.jpg

Another Herc

CSC_1255.jpg

Skyraider

CSC_1253.jpg

Lancaster Bomber

CSC_1257.jpg

MIG in takeoff

Air Shows are great and you got some nice shots :thumbsup: I especially like the old war birds that still have a prop up front. In my Navy days I spent 3 years in an AD Skyraider squadron and your pic labeled Skyraider is I believe, a British Spitfire, definitely not the the Skyraider I'm familiar with.

post-3379-1248478547.jpg

You're right. They were flying with some skyraiders and I mixed them up.

Did you get a shot of the Skyraider? I wouldn't mind seeing it, if you did.

DSC_0941.jpg

This is the skyraider, correct?

Correct, that is an A1-E. The squadron I was in had 2 of that model. It could seat 4 under the blue canopies and the pilot and observer up front. If your interested this site Abledogs.com is an authoritative site for Navy and Marine Corps aviators who flew all models of the Douglas AD Skyraider. The sea stories are some great reading.

Nice shots..We had the Blue's at our airshow for July4,5th weekend...it was great to seethem again. Have not been here in Binghamton in like 30 years..But I saw them alot when I was in the Navy doing detachments to El Centro...thanks for posting...Also like the mustang photo

Nice pics Santosh. I've always enjoyed Airshows. Use to go all the time during vacation to the one at Wurtsmith by tyhe cabin every year till they closed the base back in the early 90's :( Saw some real good stuff at those shows. Use to love seeing the Thunderbirds when they would show up at Wurtsmith.

Saw the flier for Thunder over Michigan at the Yankee Air force museum 2 weeks ago when we were in there and my 15 yr old nephew (HUGE military/aircraft buff!) was all deprest because we weren't going to be around for this show. So looks like we'll be going to Selfridge on the 22/23rd for the show there in a couple weeks. Thunderbirds are going to be at that one I believe.

Steve