Fly Tying
Arkansas Mike

Classic Dry Fly Swap

Anyone interested in a Classic/Standard upright divided-wing dry fly swap? (i.e. Adams, Royal Coachman, Blue Wing Olive, Catskills, etc.) Initially, I was thinking either quill or feather-tip wings only, but if you guys want, we can go with hairwings too. Who wouldn't like a few more Wulffs or Humpies in their fly box? I've been in a trio of swaps now and thought I'd host one if I can get 10 or 12 people to join in.

First time swappers are welcome. Those of you outside the U.S. will need to contact me though and make arrangements as far as postage. I live in a very small town and I'm not sure the folks at our Post Office even know what an International Coupon is.

The first 12 swappers with an "I'm in".

Due date September 5th .

Everyone ties 12 flies.

All swap rules apply.

SWAP CLOSED

THE PARTICIPANTS

1. SM: Arkansas Mike - (Quill Gordon) ...FINISHED

2. B. Leblanc - (Humpy) ...Addy Sent ...RECEIVED

3. wildman66 - (Royal Coachman) ...Addy Sent ...RECEIVED

4. atroutbum2 - (Traditional Adams) ...Addy Sent ...RECEIVED

5. the saltydog - (White Wulff) ...Addy Sent ...RECEIVED

6. Firetiger - (Iron Blue Dun) ...Addy Sent ...RECEIVED

7. ibrb - (Light Cahill) ...Addy Sent ... RECEIVED

8. rich5665 - (#16 Black Gnat) ...Addy Sent ... RECEIVED

9. Scott V - (F Fly) ...Sick/Unable To Participate

10. getholdofjuru - (Cream Classic Adams) ...Addy Sent ... RECEIVED

11. Student4evr - (TBD) ...Addy Sent... ... RECEIVED

12. JohnR - (Catskill) ...Addy Sent ... RECEIVED

Whats up. Im a long time reader and first time poster. I am interested in doing the swap, but being that i am from Louisiana, i dont tie or use many dry flies. Im in for the swap just not sure what to tie. Any recommendations? What dries are people using in early september?

Welcome to the swap B.Leblanc and wildman66.

B.LeBlanc, like down in Louisiana, dry flies aren't that popular here on the White and Norfork.

A few people use Elk Hair Caddis and parachute Adams, and I've caught quite a few

on Stimulators. However, those don't really fit into the realm of this swap. Two other dry

flies that get some use up here are Light Cahill's and Sulphur Duns. Personally, I love Catskill

Dry Flies, like Quill Gordons, Red Quills, Hendricksons, etc. I hardly ever fish them...but love

to tie and look at them. Don't worry too much about it...just find a pattern you like and go for

it. Like I said, if you want to tie some hairwings, like Wulffs, that'd be fine.

Mike

Would you consider adding international dimension to your swap? As for the postage, I propose that I just send you two $1 dollar bills, they cost me less than the IRC :)

Count me in something with a Duck flank upright divided wing.

Im gonna do a humpy. It was one of the flies that i caught some fish one when i went to georgia earlier in the year. They seem to float like a cork

Would you consider adding international dimension to your swap? As for the postage, I propose that I just send you two $1 dollar bills, they cost me less than the IRC :)

That'd be great, Firetiger. You are in. Let me know what you'll be tying. Welcome.

Mike

Welcome ibrb, rich5665, and Scott V.

getholdofjoru, an elk hair caddis doesn't really fall into the "classic/standard upright divided-wing category".

Could you possibly pick another dry fly that fits into this class? I'd love to have you participate. Let me know.

Thanks.

Man, Rich... you really are a swapoholic!

Mike