Fly Tying
mkoloch

Tying Material Websites

I am looking for a good internet site, that has a wide variety of tying materials and good quality. Nothing like getting stuff shipped to your door. I live close to TCO (tcoflyfishing.com), but I wanted some other options. Any help would be appreciated. Some of the sites I've looked at, do not have good descriptions, so I am always leery if I am actually ordering what I want.

check out the sponsor here J.Stockard. One of the best online tying suppliers you'll find.

Mike

I am looking for a good internet site, that has a wide variety of tying materials and good quality. Nothing like getting stuff shipped to your door. I live close to TCO (tcoflyfishing.com), but I wanted some other options. Any help would be appreciated. Some of the sites I've looked at, do not have good descriptions, so I am always leery if I am actually ordering what I want.

A few to start:

cabelas.com (big box store, good photos to see materials, prices are pretty okay)

Jannsnetcraft.com (best prices anywhere on rubber legs and good prices for hooks)

hookhack.com (excellent hook prices, 20% discount from listed prices for online purchases)

canadianllama.com (best prices on beads)

flyshack.com (Crown vises and vise kits. This is probably the best vise under $50.)

I did and I do like that site. I've ordered from there already. Just looking for varying sites to check prices and quality.

Good sites already sent, but if you get into winged wets or full dress salmon flies, take a look at FeathersMC.com

Cheers, Futzer.

I just started tying my own flies last year, what started out as a casual hobby, has grown to a full blown addiction :) But well worth it ... can't chase women or drink any more so I gotta have at least one vise :wub:

Mike

I just started tying my own flies last year, what started out as a casual hobby, has grown to a full blown addiction :) But well worth it ... can't chase women or drink any more so I gotta have at least one vise :wub:

Mike

AGREED!!

Mike

Plus my chances of catching fish are better than my chances of catching a woman...at least that's what my wife tells me....

:hyst: :whistle:

My local shop is on the Internet: www.amimoucheur.qc.ca

Canada & Continental US : 1.800.567.8584

France : 08 00 90 36 68

Europe : 00 800 90 36 68 00

E-Mail : [email protected]

It's a mom and pop shop, actually a pop, son and daughter shop. If it's not in the catalog, ask, they'll find it. :)

I have no ties to it, except that I love that it's open close to home, so I can go in and check materials, new arrivals and have my regular fix. :sick: