Fly Tying
wildman66

LaFontaine Fly Swap

They flies (Halo mayfly emerger and Emergent sparkle pupa) will be out today. I have been playing catchup for about a week.

Frank aka Student4evr

Jim:

Sorry about the delay.

I did find your Addy on a previous post. :wallbash: The bugs are in the mail.

Frank aka Student4evr

Jim:

Sorry about the delay.

I did find your Addy on a previous post. :wallbash: The bugs are in the mail.

Frank aka Student4evr

Sorry about the delay. I was assigned to a wildfire for the past 9 days (Got evacuated too). I will mail them out tomorrow

Didn't I see you on TV. Hope thing's are ok no damage to you and yours ?

Didn't I see you on TV. Hope thing's are ok no damage to you and yours ?

Fire came within 3/10 of a mile from the village. I'm the PIO and spend a good deal of time dealing with reporters. Our place is fine but we learned our evacuation plan needs refinement. Ended up moving 10 draft horses at four in the morning instead of the day before like my wife wanted. Got stepped on for the mistake by one of our big girls who wasn't happy about the early morning move. Flies will be going out tomorrow. Thanks for the patience.

I know Jim was having a time with all of the wildfires in CA. Has anyone heard from him? Not that I am not anxious for my Lafontiane flies, but I hope all is well with him.

I am sorry to hear the wildman hope everything will be ok. I am sure you will be missed.

I got my flies today and great job everyone. They look awsome.

How did this swap turn out for everyone? I recieved my flies about the same time as txflytier. Jim wrote a short note stating that he had a substantial change of life but didnt elaborate. Doesnt seem like he has been online since whatever happened occurred? I wish him well and hope that everything turns out ok he really was a nice guy.

Seem like I got a mismash and doubles of quite a few flies. Not sure if it was even a full set. Jim did send me some of his camel hair too. (my dog is extrodinarily interested in that little bag, even more then he is in rooster capes) I was certainly satisfied with what I received , but was hoping to see everyone's attempts at the lafontaine flies. I jsut not sure if they were distributed evenly.

I asked Santa for some Lafontaine books and I think that I will attempt to host this swap again in the New year.

Anyone fish my marabou spawn fly for steelhead yet? I really liked how they came out. I know that the dancing caddis I tied is a real fish catcher so be sure to use it.

Bob

How did this swap turn out for everyone? I recieved my flies about the same time as txflytier. Jim wrote a short note stating that he had a substantial change of life but didnt elaborate. Doesnt seem like he has been online since whatever happened occurred? I wish him well and hope that everything turns out ok he really was a nice guy.

Seem like I got a mismash and doubles of quite a few flies. Not sure if it was even a full set. Jim did send me some of his camel hair too. (my dog is extrodinarily interested in that little bag, even more then he is in rooster capes) I was certainly satisfied with what I received , but was hoping to see everyone's attempts at the lafontaine flies. I jsut not sure if they were distributed evenly.

I asked Santa for some Lafontaine books and I think that I will attempt to host this swap again in the New year.

Anyone fish my marabou spawn fly for steelhead yet? I really liked how they came out. I know that the dancing caddis I tied is a real fish catcher so be sure to use it.

Bob

me too -the camel hair lol . bet that stuff looks weird maybe good for dubbing huh

If anyone didnt receive a set of flies, I wouldnt mind sending some more out to each of you individually.

Or as I definitely think I will host a LaFontaine swap in the New Year, you could join that swap and just let me know so that I can add my ties from this swap to that package. Let's see who else may have got shorted or totally screwed. Im sorry to hear you didnt receive anything rockworm. Not much was toe tagged so Im not even sure whose flies I received.