Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
scotfly

BHS

Very buggy sedge ;)

I have never used the materials you have listed but they have got to be easier than putting loose deer hair in a dubbing loop which I have done. Nice pattern. Thanks for sharing.

to scotfly: very nutritious looking fly, no anorectics for me :thumbsup:

to Old Hat: I am not familiar with the Moser material, but what Jan Šiman does is basically pre-made rope of deer hair dubbing. I think the method is quite neat, especially useful if you tie in bigger volumes. You can have a look at his little doohickey at http://www.fly-fishing.cz/index.php?pod=/_tsb.htm

The notes are unfortunately only in Czech, but the photos show the story :)

to scotfly: very nutritious looking fly, no anorectics for me :thumbsup:

to Old Hat: I am not familiar with the Moser material, but what Jan Šiman does is basically pre-made rope of deer hair dubbing. I think the method is quite neat, especially useful if you tie in bigger volumes. You can have a look at his little doohickey at http://www.fly-fishing.cz/index.php?pod=/_tsb.htm

The notes are unfortunately only in Czech, but the photos show the story :)

Thanks, I figured it was a pre-made loop. I have seen similar available. That is one of the nicer dubbing blocks I have seen. Is the deer hair rope made of thread or wire?

Thanks, I figured it was a pre-made loop. I have seen similar available. That is one of the nicer dubbing blocks I have seen. Is the deer hair rope made of thread or wire?

Very thin wire seems to be the best, as it does not unwind when cut (take care not to cut it with your good scissors :) ) I have seen brushes done with thread and some sort of glue, but I dont know how these were made.

Out of curiosity I checked the net and I found Jan Šiman demonstrating use of his tool on youtube (

).

He has almost as strong a Czech accent as I do :yahoo:

Thanks for the comments folks. B)

Just to clarify, the body is deer hair spun in a double loop.

The legs are pre-made.

The Roman Moser Deer dubbing is a blend of deer hair and synthetic and is easy to work with.

Like the name of this fly.

It's the acronym of my highschool.

Biglerville High School.

ANYWAYS. very nice fly.

:thumbsup: