Fly Tying
dafunk5446

Warmwater Fly Tyer Personal Photo Thread

Rid just pm'd me and asked if i was mad....not all! :lol: My last comment was to imply I am the beeter looking of the my marriage! Just didn't want anyone to think there was any animosity towards Rid. Nothing further from the truth! The BS was to show I'm full of :poop: But it is comforting to know that even in our "electronic" kinships there is still sincere concern for feelings and harmony. Rock On , Rid, Rock on! :thumbsup:

Loved working the work crews! Help train the County Public Works Managers on how to handle and supervise our state (felony) inmate work crews. And most of us, the guys on my particular rotation at county, are some big strapping farm boys. They say "sir" and ma'am" and are polite as Southern Democrats, but our population of inmates, particularily those who are not from the area, learned real quick to neven mistake an officer's polite demeanor as a sign of weakness! One of the finest officers I ever worked with, and one of the most dangerous, well trained, highly versed in the Art of Whup Ass, was 5'8" 150lb man that could chew railroad spikes and piss razor wire. He was afraid of no man, no situation, no injury....incredibly professional and intelligent, but dangerous when pushed into a "combat" situation. He is now a Captain with a local Fire Dept. Great public servant, but a waste of a GREAT C/O.

Working county, we get them when they're still "hot" ( still high on crank, meth, crack, herion, alcohol, etc) We get all the combatives; the legitimately mentally ill; the homicidal; the suicidal; the child molesters and the rapists. Noone wants these people in thier neighborhoods, but noone wants to hear from us when we bitch about the long hours, the needless assaults, the guy in a Detox unit who just bit me, or just bled on me, or just hit me with a shoe full of feces, urine, and vomit....But we are a special breed....We work behind closed doors and never get a thank you or an "atta boy". The pay sucks, the retirement is not worth it, and the training is, in most cases, inadequate. You learn quick or perish. But we don't do it for the glory, or the recognition...we do it because it's who we are. We do it because noone else wants to do it. We do it because not everyone can.

Being jail officers, most in the public view us as the "step-children" of law enforcement. BUT a t shirt I saw at a CERT training said it best. The shirt was from the VA DOC. The front of the shirt had the silohuette of a crowd of inmates behind a chain link fence. It read "The only thing between them and you...." And the back of the shirt had the silohuette of a C/O in riot gear and read "Is me."

I guess I have thread jacked Dafunk's great thread. 'Funk, I apologize, I truly do.....sometimes I just digress....

Bulldog....just another day at the office, huh?!

On a lighter note, I would love to see a photo of the infamous, notorious "Lykos"! :D

Sorry for the late response yeah Big Daddy you hit right on the head Just another day at the office...Well big Daddy gets them all hot and bothered I get them at the State level where they come to realization that they are never EVER going home and just get angry and stupid at that point... but hes right we do it because others cant....I protect society from what they fear.....24/7 365

That's right, Bro. I work in the darkness where control is an illusion and Darwinian theory has credence. But I digress....here's a new pic of Flyfisher 13 and Sam. Taken today overlooking our favorite stretch of gar water....She's gonna kill me for posting this!

post-20880-1253680078_thumb.jpg

that's it...after seeing pictures of RiffleRiver and Lykos, I gotta re-trace my family tree and figure out where Daddy really was all those years!!! LOL!!