Hook: partridge CS10/1

Thread: black

Tag: flat gold tinsel

Tail: mix of white and orange calf's tail

Rib: small gold braid

Body: rear third orange floss, front two thirds black seal

Hackle: black hen

Wing: white calf's tail topped with orange

Wasn't designed to represent a brookie. But probably wouldn't be bad in a hairwing streamer form. I might have to try it. Originated on Oregon's Deschutes River for steelhead. More of an attractor pattern, if representative of anything, it could suggest a fall caddis. You'll see it as a Max or (Mack's) Canyon. Originally named a Max Canyon, possibly to not hint at the stretch of the Deschutes known as Mack's Canyon where the fly was very productive.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments. I have been working over some of the classic hairwings into a bit more contemporary designs.

I think the MC is already in the database so I didn't add it.

The tag did turn out nice but I noticed I somehow got a small gap between the tag and floss.

Very minor in the overall scheme of things in my opinion, the flow is almost mesmerizing. Did you use anything to build the body up under the floss or is it the ends of the calf tail extended through?

Very minor in the overall scheme of things in my opinion, the flow is almost mesmerizing. Did you use anything to build the body up under the floss or is it the ends of the calf tail extended through?

The butts of the tail fibers extend through the entire body to keep things on the same plane then "smoothed out" with tight thread wraps without any noticeable thread build up.

Good Day,

Well, well, well... What is there to say? Great fly! I am sure in the appropriate size it would work for brookies too. Would fish well here in the Great Lakes too!

Steelie

Bookmarked. This is another winner for sure. I love it

Ian