Fly Tying
SCflyguy

My biggest tie ever!

Thought I'd have a little fun and see how big a fly I could tie. It ain't the prettiest, but it's a challenge to tie while holding the hook. Would've been fine if I had a bench vise. I rummaged through my stuff and found a 12/0 mustad shark hook that would work.

monster.jpg

There's a nuclear power plant near my house with a lake right next to it. I hear there are some 100+ lb bream in there. This thing should do the trick. Luckily I just got my new custom 50wt rod to throw it. It uses steel cable for fly line :hyst:

But seriously I think it will look cool hanging from my rearview mirror.

Enjoy.

I wish i had a hook or two like that. I would love to use them for Halibut in Alaska. Might not be on a fly rod but i would love a picture of a nice Halibut with a fly like that hanging out of its mouth.

You northerners are so ignorant! That is not a joke fly! Have you seen the size of South Carolina Bream and Bass? They are huge, SCFlyguy couldn't find the proper size hook for truly big fish like stripers so he had to tie for panfish.

Good Day,

Good Job! Largest I have tied on was a 16/0 shark hook. Now this guy ties BIG:

http://www.fantasyflies.com/portfolio.shtml

Steelie

I got one of Don's Monster Muddlers. It's a very nice addition to my fly-tying room...

... something to catch focus, so the mess doesn't seem that bad. :lol:

/Nick

Monster_2.jpg

Monster_3.jpg

Hmmm... Big ones, here in finland we use 30cm flys, for trout and pike. And I have about 50cm fly, but I don't know where.

:wallbash:

Not with bad, those are still big ones, especially Runarssons fly.