Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
the saltydog

Czech Nymph Swap

Sounds good, Salty.

You know, I haven't been in a swap yet that hasn't gone at least a

week or two past schedule. Including the one I hosted.

Mike

Sounds good, Salty.

You know, I haven't been in a swap yet that hasn't gone at least a

week or two past schedule. Including the one I hosted.

Mike

Ditto

I'm big on keeping schedules... that being said, wildman hasn't been on this site since Monday and I have PM'd him as well. If people don't mind waiting, I can wait some more. My only issue is that given the international shipping, I need to go to the post office and typically that means I'm going Saturday since I don't have time during the week....

so what say ye? shall we wait?

I'm big on keeping schedules...

I'm 100% with you on keeping schedules, Greg. I understand things come

up and people have busy schedules, but...has anyone ever participated in a swap

that everyone's flies arrived on time? My last swap a couple of guys paid $10 or

more to rush their flies to me on time, only to have others be a week or more

late getting theirs mailed. I felt bad that they wasted that $10 for no reason.

I've noticed that it doesn't matter when the Swapmeisters set the due dates...

three weeks or three months...someone is always going to be late. No big deal,

except for those who go out of their way to rush getting theirs done or pay extra

having their flies mailed. Isn't it supposed to work...if the due date is December 1,

make sure the Swapmeister has them in hand on or before December 1?

However, I'm in no hurry, and I don't want to ruffle any feathers, make anyone

mad, or come across as an insensitive jerk. Like I said, I realize family emergencies

and job situations occur like with Wildman. Any way...just my opinion, and I can be

a bit anal about such things. You guys just ignore me. We can wait. :rolleyes:

Mike

Saltydog: I can wait a bit. I am sort of curious about the tying style in the US, where most of you guys seem to be based, but over here we have the grayling season which means dry flies only to me :)

Arkansas Mike: having participated (along with Saltydog) in your classical dry swap I kinda understand what you mean, but please, do not let the harsh aspects of reality spoil the fun out of your life! ;-) And congrats on new avatar, that is one sick fly! :)

Jindra

Guys - I'm glad to see that others agree with me in regards to the schedule keeping. Given that news and the fact that Wildman has not responded to PMs or messages on this board or have even been on the board; I will be shipping flies on Saturday. When and if wildman's flies comes next week, I'll just return them to him.

Lately it does seem that all swaps that I have been involved in have been running late, perhaps this is because people are fishing more rather then tying flies. Regardless, you should not be signing up for swaps if you can't make the committment to get your flies in on time. Some people might be over committed with swaps, but the rules limit the amount of swaps you can be in at any one time.

Sorry for the diatribe.

Best,

Greg

I feel like a student at a frat party, standing by the keg, waiting for the man with the tap to show up

Arkansas Mike: having participated (along with Saltydog) in your classical dry swap I kinda understand what you mean, but please, do not let the harsh aspects of reality spoil the fun out of your life!

Jindra

:lol: Thanks, Jindra. I'll try to chill and not to let the harsh realities found within the world of fly swaps disturb my serenity.

Mike

OK Gents - The flies are off and running today.

Thanks for all the extras guys. This has been my first time as a swapmeister and has given me a new appreciation for what they go through. I think as we head into the serious tying and swapping season (winter), it likely makes sense for some to review the rules of swaps.

International guys, please let me know when you get the flies.

Best,

Greg