Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Escanba In Da Moonlight

My brother in law brought a disc of the movie "Escanaba In Da Moonlight" down to the shore this year. It was like watching Northern Exposure while on acid. What a strange and funny movie. I loved it. blink.gif

Anybody else seen this gem?

Yeah i saw it about a year ago, i liked the first 30-40 mins of it but after that it got really goofy and i felt like i was watching a totally different movie then unsure.gif

yeah I thought it was great. Jeff daniels actually runs a theatre in Chelsea near where I live. my wife and I have been meaning to go see a performance some time.

I've never heard of it, but you've piqued my interest so I just moved it to the top of my Netflix rental queue. I'm always up for a good indie film.

You got me thinking about it so I stayed up and watched it after work last night. bugeyes.gif I really like the first 2 3rds of it! Then it got WEIRD, once the CO started singing in his underwear I really started to worry!! It finished up ok though still kinda weird. blink.gif

The fact that I'll probably watch it again and don't regret buying pretty much sums it up. smile.gif

I liked the movie, but I think it would probably be a better seen as a play. Everyone should watch it at less once though. It shows two "important" facets of Michigan culture: deer hunting and Yoopers.

I saw it when Jeff Daniels was running it as a stage production at the Gem Theatre in Downtown Detroit. It was a lot of fun, not sure how it would ba as a screenplay?!

I might have to pick up a disc and check it out.

Thanks for the reminder!