Fly Tying
JSzymczyk

anyone got their "Hatches" mag yet?

I guess I forgot and pre-paid some time ago, and then ordered again so I received two, One on Friday, one on Sat. Double my pleasure!

One for the tying bench and one for the rack beside the Lazy-Boy. Sweet.

Mike

I was in San Antone for continuing education over the weekend, and while I was gone, several of mine came in. I bought a small bunch, 10 or so I believe, so I could give some away and have a couple of the triple sets, 2007, 2008 & 2009, framed for the office and my tying room.

This issue is very nice. I have just looked and scanned so far, but the first time over was a pleasure!!

Ray

Its great that everyone is receiving the new issue. I ordered the old issues in June and am still waiting. I am beginning to wonder since I have sent a number of follow up emails with my order confirmation. I guess Will is too busy filling the new orders.

got mine and have allready read through it twice. Love the article on free hand tying and The pictures of all the insects. Great Job Will!!!!!

Got mine and have almost sold them out already. Great job.

Got mine and have almost sold them out already. Great job.

I got my issue and it is, once again, extremely well crafted and full of great information. It's the kind of magazine that you can read again and again. Well worth the wait and well worth the price.

Got mine the other day. Oh yeah!

Looking at the other fly tying type magazines, with their declining content due to reduced advertising revenue, it is refreshing to see that Hatches is as thick as a well fed trout in the early fall! No skinnied down articles.

This continues to be a professional publication, with rich in-depth articles. 'Course it helps that the authors are folks we know and communicate with on the forum...

Seriously, I hope you fly tying tools and materials vendors and manufacturers wake up!

Hatches is THE place to spend your hard-earned advertising dollar! First, the magazine is never thrown out. That means your advertising dollar sticks around for years (beat that with any other periodical, except maybe National Geographic! ) Second, the Hatches readers go over every article, even those from other tying disciplines, so your ad gets read by every subscriber. Third, this is no amateur publication. In-depth articles, well-known authors, quality editing, great photos and artwork. Fourth, it's more than a magazine--its part of an entire multi-media package for folks who put down their hard-earned cash on chicken feathers and animal hair, fondle rare bird pelts, and are always looking for quality materials and tools at a good price.

I receive no renumeration from Will or anyone else associated with Hatches. I just think it is well done, and for the advertiser represents a bargain in terms of ROI for advertising dollar.

-Peter

Got it on Thursday 10/1 :yahoo: , not yet had a chance to read in detail - but it will get a hammering the next couple of nights.

I'm happy to report that mine arrived on 9/28. I can't remember how many issues I subscribed for, so I was beginning to think I needed to renew when it arrived in the mail :yahoo:

How do we double check the status of our orders? I ordered my new one sometime ago and still haven't received it....