Fly Tying
Dezod

Itsy Bitsy Fly Contest Voting

Itsy Bitsy Fly Contest Voting  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

post-14558-1254175549_thumb.jpg

post-14558-1254175593_thumb.jpg

post-14558-1254175638_thumb.jpg

post-14558-1254193884_thumb.jpg

post-14558-1254175783_thumb.jpg

post-14558-1254175821_thumb.jpg

post-14558-1254175860_thumb.jpg

post-14558-1254175900_thumb.jpg

post-14558-1254175941_thumb.jpg

post-14558-1254176026_thumb.jpg

post-14558-1254176234_thumb.jpg

post-14558-1254176126_thumb.jpg

Here is the Collection around a Dime

post-14558-1254175695_thumb.jpg

Here is a photo of all the prizes going to the winner.

post-14558-1254176719_thumb.jpg

In addition to what is in the phot the winner will get between 2 and 3 dozen dry fly hooks size 24-28, a dozen or so dry flies and a handmade, not by me, walnut midge fly box.

Good luck everyone!)

C

Nice flies there, all of them are fish catchers fer sure. Really nice prize for the winner too, a collection of Futzer's and Rstout's flies and a wood midge box to boot. You did a fine job on that swap Dezod ,and the tiers have lots to be proud of! :thumbsup:

To Dezod, excellent work, this was a lot of fun. To everyone that tied, nicely done! Good Luck!

Cheers, Futzer.

Wow guys great looking flies.

I think I will frame mine lol just like the group pic lol looks great.

Good luck too all.

To Dezod great swap I am glad I joined it was a true learning experience for me I would havent tried tying something that small till this swap..

Dezod you did a great job running this swap.

Thank You

Chance

Hey Chance maybe you can frame them next to a dime and under a magnifying glass:)

C

Man I am so jealous . You all did a great job . And the winner is going to be one lucky tyer to get all the nice prizes.I'll have to wait and vote at work tomorrow where I have DSL and can really see all the flies better and in the same sitting. I HATE DIAL-UP.

Fred

Great Swap Dezod

I certainly learned alot during this swap. One of the most useful things I learned was something I think Redwings showed in his professor video. This was to just slip the material under the hanging thread and pull the material until you have only a small or no butt end and then cinch in. Certainly makes tying in materail easier while having meat puppets for fingers.

Got to purchase a new mag lite as well :headbang:

Flies look great and since I really found it painful to tie this small will likely fish them and not frame them.

Dezod. Is the wooden fly box in that prize picture? Would you also post the fly sizes so that we can use that in our vote determination.

Vote Change...Ooops sorry wrong election.

Thanks for hosting a great swap.

Everybody vote for MEEEEEEEEEEEE. :rolleyes: I want those prizes.

Ridley

The fly box is not pictured, but is very nice. Also I thought about putting sizes next to the photos, but there were so many different hook styles. #32 is small, my #28's look gigantic because the shanks are a little longer, hook gapes are different, etc... That is why I took all the photos next to a dime, I tried to find something smaller than a dime that was universally recognizable, but couldn't really find anything that looked decent in the photos. If more people would like hook sizes next to the pictures for voting decisions I will certainly add them, but that is why I did not add them originally.

C

Once again great flies all. But my hat goes off to the two brave and talented tyers that added parachutes and posts. I chose #4 though ,because of my affinity for spinners.It was a hard choice between #4 and #10 .But I did not see a fly ammoung them that I would not have been proud to say "I tied that one". Great job everyone and great contest Dezod.

Fred

Wow, great set of flies! Was hard to pick just one but ultimately went back to basics and chose the one I thought had the best proportions of body parts to hook size.

-- Mike

Dezod:

This was a great swap!! :headbang: :headbang:

I was able to push my skills farther and I can really appreciate all the work the other tiers put in.

Frank aka Student4evr

This was a challenging swap. I started big (24) and went all the way down to 32 before I was done I had over 100 flies tied all size 24 and smaller. I think I'm stocked up with winter midges and baetis. Looks like every one put in great flies. I'm looking forward to seeing them all up close. Thanks for pulling this together Dezod, great swap.

Here's a picture of the box closed. I do have pictures of it open as well, but the problem is the flies I tied for the swap are visible in the picture.

post-10599-1254274239_thumb.jpg

Nice flies everyone! I'm looking forward to getting the swap flies.

-PK